Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem w/brand new Glock 48, is this correct?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    Small update.
    It’s slightly better after a bunch of slide racking.
    I emailed Glock and told them what’s going on this afternoon and they’ve emailed me a shipping label, so it’s going back home to get looked at. Hopefully it’s something simple and it gets fixed, because I like it and want to have confidence in it.
    I was at my LGS and played with a new 48 MOS and it didn’t have the same issue, so I assume it’s just an out of spec part on my gun.
    On a Glock, and any striker gun, the striker spring and recoil spring are fighting each other

I had this happen with a G48 I bought from Langdon tactical. I replaced the trigger/trigger bar and it resolved the issue.

EDIT: I think I replaced the connector, too.
    Last edited by TC215; 01-24-2024 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I had this happen with a G48 I bought from Langdon tactical. I replaced the trigger/trigger bar and it resolved the issue.

EDIT: I think I replaced the connector, too.
    Hopefully it something simple like that.
    With my luck, the jiggling around in the box will fix it and they’ll think I’m an idiot. Lol

Of course today my JMCK IWB 3 showed up today while the gun is on it way to GA. Lol

I'll be watching this with interest. I made a comment in the PSA G43X/48 mag thread that may be related as i got similar symptoms to what OP described with my new Glock 48. It happened with all mags but was way more noticeable with the PSA mags.

Here's my comment...
    Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    Took my 3 mags to start breaking them in with 100 rounds of 124 STV and 50 124 HST. So far so good, aside from 1 FTFd. Noticed when using the OEM/OEM with +4 Ghost extensions the slide doesn't have trouble going into battery after firing.

With the PSA mags, after firing the slide seems to hesitate going back into battery. Feels like a USP where i can feel the slide reciprocating the entire time except the USP doesnt have that hesitation going back into battery. It becomes more noticeable if I hold down the trigger after firing, and when released the slide pops back into battery.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm assuming this is due to the stiff spring used in the PSA mags (when loaded) applying heavy pressure against that ledge that connects to the breech face. It would explain the FTFd which in turn gives that hump/hesitation I'm feeling to chamber a round after firing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by coN View Post
    I'll be watching this with interest. I made a comment in the PSA G43X/48 mag thread that may be related as i got similar symptoms to what OP described with my new Glock 48. It happened with all mags but was way more noticeable with the PSA mags.

Here's my comment...
    I believe the mags have more friction on feeding, making this issue worse. Perhaps the recoil springs are too weak or out of spec? You used to test a Glock recoil spring by holding down the trigger, gently retracting the slide, and seeing if the RSA could return it to battery on its own

A new trigger bar seems to have improved things. The gun feels noticably smoother when hand cycling. I put 150 rounds through the gun with no issue today. And, this combo of parts made my trigger downright good. I’ll continue to monitor but I am cautiously optimistic.

Mine arrived back at Glock on Tuesday.
    Hopefully I’ll hear something soon.

Site Supporter
    As has been implied, swapping out parts may be the fix, but Glock should have noted this before shipping the pistol. I suspect that some batches of parts occasionally are out of spec. They function ok in some pistols but not all. One of my 48's had an issue pertaining to part specs according to the Glock tech. Old age has blurred specific details.

I have a Glock 43X and a Glock 42 that both exhibit this issue. To replicate it hold the trigger back and cycle the slide. Once the trigger is in its “reset” operation it lets the trigger bar travel further back, and what’s happening is the striker is moving so far rearwards that it is contacting the back of the striker cover plate and pulling the gun out of battery. My dad has a G48 it did the same thing. I installed an Apex Trigger and it fixed it because the apex trigger has an over travel stop that removes the extra over travel that on the stock trigger/trigger bar pulls the slide out of battery. I’m curious as to what Glock does to fix yours. I still need to contact them and send mine in. My thought is it’s a bad trigger bar issue. https://imgur.com/a/OpNVlji

User Tag List