Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Problem w/brand new Glock 48, is this correct?

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Glock also had some initial issues with the first Slim Line, the .45 ACP G36.

I simply personally just don't like how the G48 feels in (my) hand-to me, it just feels too slab sided, and I feel that there may be some loss of contact surface in the hand-to-receiver interface.

Mechanical issues aside, that's the same conclusions I came to with the G36 years ago.

Capacity is one of my least concerns in a given platform; how I ergonomically interface with and control it, along with reliability, durability, maintainability and accuracy are far more important criteria for me.

I'll happily stick with my Gen3 G19 and Gen5 G23 as the most compact I prefer to go-with Glocks and otherwise.

Best, Jon
    My next purchase will likely be a G19. This should handle my “warm weather, tshirt” and “minimal size gun” type carry days that my 45 Shield was used for. The ten round stock capacity mags are fin for me, if I think I’ll need more, I’ll bring extra mags or more gun. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vista461 View Post
    So I took my brand new blue label G48 MOS to the range.
    More than half the time it would fire but wouldn’t go back into battery until the trigger was released.
    You could feel and see the slide go the last bit forward as the trigger was released.

Prior to the range trip, I oiled it.

I’m attaching a pic, the sear area look different than my Gen3 G22.

Is it normal to have the tab over the part with the part number? My G22 isn’t like that.

When I got home I oiled it up some more and racked it a bunch of times and it seems better now than it was.
    I ran about 170 founds through it. 115, 124 fmj and 124 gold dot and 147 HST.

Am I overthinking it? I just never had a Glock act like that before.
    Perfection?

I received my G48 MOS back from Glock last week. There were no notes that specified what work, if any, was performed; there was a packing list which suggested they replaced my RSA and firing pin safety. Today I fired:

- 120 rounds Federal P9HST1 124gr
    - 50 rounds Federal P9HST2 147gr

I had no malfunctions. The 147gr ammunition did feel a tad sluggish in cycling during two rounds fired WHO, but I noted no other issues. The rounds did not nose dive as I experienced earlier, whether the gun was charged via releasing the slide manually or with the slide stop. I could not keep all 10 in the black for the life of me today, but for the rounds where I did my part, the gun was 10-ring accurate with the 124s at 25. I did have to come up about 2” and right about a half inch on my zero.

User Tag List