Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Staccato for SHOT 24

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A magazine designed around a 9mm cartridge not a .38 Super length cartridge.
    I don't think they had the capital at the time, but for institutional users if Staccato had marketed a .356 TSW version with duty and practice loads available, I bet it would have gotten a ton of traction.

So CS design features eventually to rest of line up, range and match ammo, and training.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    A CS with a half-inch longer barrel is a big yawn from me. Give me a P with CS-format-but-longer mags, or a CS with an XC-style integrated compensator.
    As I recall, you have a CS. How is that going and why not a four inch version?

It's an interesting approach. Not sure what I think about it yet. With the larger grip module and 4" slide, it isn't far off from the original 4.15" P specs. There were also folks who took the 4.15" guns and put on the 'VIP' grip to use the shorter 120mm magazines...
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    It's an interesting approach. Not sure what I think about it yet. With the larger grip module and 4" slide, it isn't far off from the original 4.15" P specs. There were also folks who took the 4.15" guns and put on the 'VIP' grip to use the shorter 120mm magazines...
    Glock 19/45/47/49

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    As I recall, you have a CS. How is that going and why not a four inch version?
    It's not that I think a 4" barrel is better or worse than a 3.5" barrel, it's just that I don't think the half-inch difference either way is much of anything. If they had a 4" CS already and then announced a 3.5" CS I think my reaction would be the same.

I think the external extractor will make thus gun make sense from an institutional perspective.
    If you're not going to learn to use the front sight properly, don't bother with it. If pointing the gun, screaming "Ahhhhh!" and cranking on the trigger is all you can learn to do, work on doing that safely. -ToddG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    It's not that I think a 4" barrel is better or worse than a 3.5" barrel, it's just that I don't think the half-inch difference either way is much of anything. If they had a 4" CS already and then announced a 3.5" CS I think my reaction would be the same.
    Does a full size WML fit on the 3.5” ?

I suspect a full size WML would fit on a 4”.

A 4” with a 16 or 18 round mag/grip is basically a G19/G45 format.

User Tag List