Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Staccato for SHOT 24

New Staccato for SHOT 24

Staccato just dropped this on their Instagram account. Evolution of the CS into a larger size?

Name:  420697333_216912618079219_4149898882476639224_n.jpg
Views: 1247
Size:  28.6 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Interesting. I’ve never looked at their lineup and saw a missing size. I just wish they’d offer colors like grey, OD, or FDE. But not Sniper Grey like Aimpoint recently adopted. A real grey. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Staccato just dropped this on their Instagram account. Evolution of the CS into a larger size?

Name:  420697333_216912618079219_4149898882476639224_n.jpg
Views: 1247
Size:  28.6 KB
    I think it was Hilton Yam who first suggested the new magazine format would bleed over into models. This only seems logical in the overall evolution of the 2011. As more and more clones come to market Staccato will need to do something to distinguish itself. Using a new smaller magazine across the entire family only makes sense. It will initially alienate the legacy users but new owners and possible future contract purchasers won't care if old STI mags won't fit.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Yeah, I don't think there is any great mystery to the direction Staccato is headed. I suspect this release will eventually supplant the C2 in the lineup, and that a 'duty-sized' frame with 17 round magazines will eventually move into the space currently occupied by the P. While everyone focuses on the magazine design, I'd think the external extractor would have appeal for institutional users.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Most interesting Staccato to date.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Ever since the CS was released I figured they’d update the rest of the product line to use those magazines. I’m guessing this is a C2 that’s been updated with the CS features. Every year they seem to make it harder and harder not to buy one.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Wait, hang on. The CS uses different magazines than the rest of their 2011s?

Is it some smaller / EDC X9-ish type thing?

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Wait, hang on. The CS uses different magazines than the rest of their 2011s?

Is it some smaller / EDC X9-ish type thing?
    A magazine designed around a 9mm cartridge not a .38 Super length cartridge.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    A magazine designed around a 9mm cartridge not a .38 Super length cartridge.
    If/when I get into 2011’s this will be high in the list of features I would seek. I hope above posts are correct that the CS magazine configuration is being used for more guns.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    All I have ever wanted is a commander built around the Macro magazines. Maybe this is it?

User Tag List