Page 51 of 103 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Improvements happen ever so slowly and incrementally.

Given all the technological advancements in manufacturing one would think improvements would come a little quicker now. But when profits are the driving factor rather than improvements slow and incremental is what we get.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Site Supporter
    Well, shoot. I checked with my LGS and they haven't received any yet. I confirmed I'm on the wait list for a 442 UC, and found out there's another guy on the list for a .32.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    My 442UC is in hand. I’ll likely get a 432 if these become a regular production item; for now, logistics is hard to overcome and I consolidated all of my other revolvers to .38/.357.

The trigger is unimpressive out of the box on my sample. On my sample it starts very heavy, the resistance is overcome, and then the rest of the stroke is rushed through. It is, however, already improving with dry fire.

The grips are fantastic and what should be on every new J frame.

The sights are great.
    Please keep us updated on the trigger it’s the only reason I would want this model. I am sure the grips are great but they are heavy and I run lasers on my user J frames

I'm just waiting for the one FFL I had put me onto Lipsey's wish-list to either contact me within the next week or so, or if that FFL and Lipsey's will just fall through for my requested 432UC.

If it doesn't come through, then I'll just keep my $800+ or whatever the out-the-door price results in. Being pessimistic, I've already bought and have carried a Ruger .327 LCRx. Looking at ammo prices, the $800 can easily be spent towards more ammo. On the optimistic side, my request to the FFL was soon after the SHOT SHOW announcement, but I'm unfamiliar with Lipsey's inventory quantities; the demand; and the allocation methodology/system.

Regarding a prior post, I don't have a resentment toward S&W, but disappointed it took Lipsey's to get the concept accomplished, rather than S&W being able to do it themselves. I think S&W should have known its market better and come out with these revolvers on its own.

Here's the .327 LCRx
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post

Given all the technological advancements in manufacturing one would think improvements would come a little quicker now. But when profits are the driving factor rather than improvements slow and incremental is what we get.
    What Lipsey's figured out is that "technological advancements," in the form of picking desirable features, leads to more profits not less.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Did a search on everybody's favorite Gun Auction site about two minutes ago and saw exactly TWO of the new J-Frame UC's for sale--A 442 UC listed at $999 & a 642 UC that started at $679 IIRC & was bid up to $700 with five days left until the Auction closes...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post

I'm inferring from the fact that S&W had open production time in the J frame line that they realized they were approaching market saturation with the "same old, same old" and needed something different than the sock-drawer-level guns. I don't know how many J frames S&W produces per year, but this will probably provide a double-digit percentage increase in sales. Or not; I don't know how popular these will be outside the P-F "bespoke reality" bubble.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Site Supporter
    I don't know if it's fact or fiction, I was informed that the UC's had a bump in the road on S&W's manufacturing end, nothing to do with the J frame's but with the new 1854 lever action's and it was necessary for them to temporarily shift resources likely delaying delivery to Lipsey's for several weeks. Again, I don't know... maybe it's all hear say BS

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I don't know if it's fact or fiction, I was informed that the UC's had a bump in the road on S&W's manufacturing end, nothing to do with the J frame's but with the new 1854 lever action's and it was necessary for them to temporarily shift resources likely delaying delivery to Lipsey's for several weeks. Again, I don't know... maybe it's all hear say BS
    If only we had a bat-signal to page someone from Lipsey’s.🤷🏻*♂️

Oh wait, we do! Paging @JEC to the nearest courtesy phone please.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    We are still on schedule to receive guns throughout March/April as originally planned.

User Tag List