Page 33 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I need to root around in the garage and see if I still have grandpa’s 32 H&R dies.
    I found the dies today but they’re 32 long, not 32 H&R, but they’ll work. A couple weeks after grandpa passed, grandma found a loaded S&W 32 under the bed that I’d missed, loaded with his loads. I either didn’t know or didn’t remember that he had it.

I'm glad to see these j-frame updates. My question is why did it take sooooooo long to make such basic improvements that should have been the standard for at least a couple decades?

Continuing to make the standard 442/642 style j-frame without these upgrades is akin to continuing production of the model T.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Site Supporter
    Or the 1911. From the same era.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    I'm glad to see these j-frame updates. My question is why did it take sooooooo long to make such basic improvements that should have been the standard for at least a couple decades?

Continuing to make the standard 442/642 style j-frame without these upgrades is akin to continuing production of the model T.
    Why did it take Bill Wilson and Ernest Langdon to get Beretta to make the 92 models we wanted. Sometimes the right people in organizations don't have the power to make the right decisions. Lipsey's came along and was able to write the check for thousands of revolvers, and then the decision makers in the head shed listened.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

You could ask the same question about the nightguard series. Releasing them during a recession was bad timing but I feel like people have been pretty vocal about wanting them back.

Or even a steel version
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Why did it take Bill Wilson and Ernest Langdon to get Beretta to make the 92 models we wanted. Sometimes the right people in organizations don't have the power to make the right decisions. Lipsey's came along and was able to write the check for thousands of revolvers, and then the decision makers in the head shed listened.
    It just seems like an antiquated way of doing business.

When you don't evolve you don't survive. That applies to most things in life.

Guess thats a testament to the utility of the j-frame design.

Site Supporter

It ain’t broke. Still does what it always has. Marginal gains are marginal. I already have 3 of them, don’t need another one.

Don’t. Need. Another. Caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    It ain’t broke. Still does what it always has. Marginal gains are marginal. I already have 3 of them, don’t need another one.

Vision is different from person to person so in terms of the sights, marginal gains are a subjective matter.

Smith and Wesson: ignoring customer design input until someone fronts the money for 100 years...

Quote Originally Posted by John Taffin
    Sixgunners soon began badgering S&W for the return of the Triple-Lock, or at least the enclosed ejector rod. All pleas fell on deaf ears for the next decade or so until one astute distributor, Wolf and Klar, placed an order with S&W for what was to become the 3rd Model Hand Ejector, or as it is more commonly known, the Model 1926.
    https://americanhandgunner.com/our-e...-hand-ejector/
    no one sees what's written on the spine of his own autobiography.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post

You. Know. You. Do.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List