Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I'm hoping for a DAO 6-shot airweight 38 Special with a 3" barrel and night sights that can be seen well enough to use.

Looking at the quick sights teaser on Lipsey’s FB page, I’ll go ahead and stake a prediction claim: return of the no-lock, K-frame, 6-shooter with Dagga Boy-approved sights. *Possibly DAO, maybe lightweight. The add does say “carry.”

I have no insider knowledge, but reasoning says that it would take more than another J-frame with decent sights to turn on this crowd. I think the bar starts at a HITS-esque fighting revolver of old, minus the lock/plus adult sights. I mean, that’s where the bar starts for me, at the least.

All that spitting in the wind aside, I can’t wait to see what we will be excited about.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I saw a teaser from Lipseys yesterday. Commenters seemed to think it involved S&W.
    I’d be happy if some catalogued Rugers were actually available. I’ve been wanting the 5 1/2 Bisley in either 44 Magnum or Special. A local shop has been unable to find one of either for me. The magnum version was announced two years ago I think
    The 5.5” Bisley .44 is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Looking at the quick sights teaser on Lipsey’s FB page, I’ll go ahead and stake a prediction claim: return of the no-lock, K-frame, 6-shooter with Dagga Boy-approved sights. *Possibly DAO, maybe lightweight. The add does say “carry”.
    God, I hope so.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    The 5.5” Bisley .44 is awesome.
    I believe you. I have a 4 5/8 44 Special. Back in the mid eighties, I was at the Spring Valley Wildlife Area shooting range in SW Ohio when an older gentleman let me shoot a cylinder from a 7 1/2” Ruger Bisley 45 Colt. I think I still have the target. Some years later I ended up with a 7 1/2” 44 Magnum and a 4 5/8 Bisley Vaquero 44. Both are gone but a few years ago I got the 44 Special. Now I want another 5 1/2”.

So now what are we going to talk about until tomorrow afternoon when these are announced?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So now what are we going to talk about until tomorrow afternoon when these are announced?
    9mm vs .45?

What ammo for 3” RB, no-lock K-frame carry?
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    .44 special loads, and those that love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    .44 special loads, and those that love them.
    [Keith][/Keith]

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    What ammo for 3” RB, no-lock K-frame carry?
    147gr hst at 930fps
    Name:  IMG_20221115_171145~2.jpg
Views: 1127
Size:  56.9 KB
    On the ragged edge of the world I'll roam,
    And the home of the wolf shall be my home - Robert Service

User Tag List