Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Another run of the Night Guards would be cool.
    Without the damned IL?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    I'm ready for an old-school 640 (no lock, 1-7/8" barrel, .38 Special only) but with a pinned front blade and Novak-style rear sight.

Sounds mundane? Not to me. I think of it as "undicking-up" the once simple, durable, controllable and slightly more compact Centennial and giving it the benefit of having sights that anyone without astigmatism-free, 20/20 youthful eyesight can actually use.

But I'm the old cat who meows at clouds.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

I have the Kimber K6xs and the K6s, would love to see Kimber or DB if they prove to be worthy of the $777.00 price tag to produce an all steel model in 9mm with or without moonclips. I gave up reloading last year and kept 38/357 chamberings. Man that was a mistake, as far as ammo price and availablity goes. 9mm is relatively cheap and available, they also have some premier SD offerings.

I think it is a niche that needs to be tapped.
    Many old "Fudds" are looking for a 6 shot DA Revolver with 9mm chambering, in a small concealable package.
    I'd buy one!

Quote Originally Posted by Wingate's Hairbrush View Post
    I am. And our very own Darryl Bolke has elsewhere strongly hinted that we can expect at SHOT new revolver offerings from S&W influenced by his and Bryan Eastridge's input on what S&W should be offering in personal defense revolvers

While that is good news in isolation, I would be more excited about S&W coming out and stating they have revamped their QC/CS programs.
    Taking a break from social media.

I’d love to see revolvers that don’t need a trip back to the factory.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I think most of the revolver fans will be happy with our launch tomorrow.

Jason / Lipsey’s

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    If you are, here you go:

https://diamondbackfirearms.com/sdr/

Looks like a Kimber copy.
    Saw a leaked ad on Bookface this past week. Many questions.

The quick remove cylinder -- I wonder if they intend to do a .357/9mm convertible.

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    I'm ready for an old-school 640 (no lock, 1-7/8" barrel, .38 Special only) but with a pinned front blade and Novak-style rear sight.

Sounds mundane? Not to me. I think of it as "undicking-up" the once simple, durable, controllable and slightly more compact Centennial and giving it the benefit of having sights that anyone without astigmatism-free, 20/20 youthful eyesight can actually use.

But I'm the old cat who meows at clouds.
    I bought the 38 Special 640 when they first came out. Unfortunately I traded it for a 357 SP101 when those came out as I had a 642 that was carried a lot more than the 640. I still have and like the Ruger but still wish I’d kept the 640 also.

I’d definitely buy one like you described.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Who is ready for some cool new revolvers to be introduced at SHOT?
    I am. The fact that manufacturers are paying attention to revolvers is a very good thing. I'm hoping for a DAO 6-shot airweight 38 Special with a 3" barrel and night sights that can be seen well enough to use.

Also, hats off to Caleb. I suspect that his agitation is bearing fruit, however indirectly.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I would like to see a 10 shot .22 mag K frame snub given the AirLite treatment.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List