Page 12 of 103 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Nice shout out to Lost River for developing a .32 hard cast load for this project.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    Very skeptical on the claim that they greatly improved the trigger pull by making some minor adjustments to how the parts are made. If it was that easy, why wait until now to do that? The LCR has been making S&W look like a joke in that department for well over a decade now.
    Name:  Screenshot from 2024-01-21 12-40-15.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  41.9 KB

It looks like they may have changed the angle the mainspring stirrup interfaces with the hammer? More efficient leverage and an apex-style firing pin could let them knock some weight off the mainspring? Hard to tell. I'm certainly interested to hear more.

The .32 magnum option is interesting to bring back.

I want to see how the trigger compares to an LCR for sure.

edit: finally - titanium studs outside the scandium guns. Should be approximately 1000% fewer returns to the factory for broken aluminum studs when people put in aftermarket spring kits and worked the action with the sideplate off.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I remember that thread. This gun is astonishingly close to what folks had in mind, and honestly, even better (specifically the Ti pin upgrade and grips). And honestly, I kinda want one of each caliber...
    Yup.

The history buff in me is reminded of a saying by French skier Jean-Claude Killy: “In business, as in life and skiing, timing is everything.”

Get a load of this post, from a little over 5 years ago. Note in particular Darryl/Dagga’s comment, 5th down, along with the general zeitgeist of the thread. Kudos to Lipsey’s for making this happen. I’m hearing the late Alan Rickman’s voice from Die Hard: “you ask for miracles, I give you the Lip. sey’s. buy.”

Attached Images Attached Images  
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Curious about the weight with g10 grips

Will all J's get the "new trigger"

Are the new pins the upgraded QC?

It is a 642 version of a 340 M&P. For me if it's north of 7 bills I would get the lighter and likely more durable (scandium frame) M&P for a couple hundy extra unless I wanted the man purse version.

It does look like a great product and hopefully these changes translate to the rest of the line.

Very well thought out IMO. Upgraded features and all the way down to detailing the loads the sights were regulated for. That's pretty freakin' rare. I'm really impressed. I hope and ammo company has been brought along to push out some more .32 HR mag options although I'm happy with my pre-staged Lost River .32s.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Has anybody seen anything about MSRP, MAP or the anticipated "Street Price" of these new offerings yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post

I’m hearing the late Alan Rickman’s voice from Die Hard: “you ask for miracles, I give you the Lip. sey’s. buy.”

Yes!

Had I known this was coming, I may have pushed off purchasing a newer truck another month or six... Just when I decide to get back into a payment and tie up my excess money... they go and do this. First. World. Problems.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey357 View Post
    Has anybody seen anything about MSRP, MAP or the anticipated "Street Price" of these new offerings yet?
    Don't chisel it in stone, but I think a street price around $700.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I am looking forward to these. Checks a lot of boxes for me. I already have holsters, speed loaders and consumables.

Yee Haw .... Take my money!

Also looking forward to VZ offering this grip version, its what I have wanted for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    No lock
    Sights: large Novak-style rear, pinned-in XS Big Dot Tritium front sight
    Sights regulated for 135 Speer Gold Dot JHPs and 148-grain wadcutters
    The front sight is .140" wide, so that makes it the XS Small Dot not the Big Dot. That size front sight paired with the U Notch .160" wide rear will be an excellent sight picture and really fast as well as acceptably accurate. The Big Dot is .190" wide.

I'm probably going to get a .32.

User Tag List