Page 84 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Man, imagine being an ammunition manufacturer right now. You had a somewhat-less-than-successful go with introducing the .327 round, then you had what appears to be an outright dud with the .30 super carry. Then some guys talk S&W into making something in the 40-year-old .32 magnum and people go nuts for it.

I guess they're probably just happy that like GJM said they can pivot between making those calibers easily enough...

(I do wonder what the actual sales numbers for those 3 calibers look like a year ago compared to today.)

Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    I think it's on the AFR Official FB page. (American Fighting Revolver)
    Yeah, that was it. There was an excellent new post on the Hardwired page too this morning, guess I got a bit mixed up.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    I think it's on the AFR Official FB page. (American Fighting Revolver)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Yeah, that was it. There was an excellent new post on the Hardwired page too this morning, guess I got a bit mixed up.
    I've had this holster for a couple months now and it's pretty nice. Josh Bullman makes it, I had him make me one with enough clearance for the larger sights when the UC series was announced in January. My 432UC fits perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Man, imagine being an ammunition manufacturer right now. You had a somewhat-less-than-successful go with introducing the .327 round, then you had what appears to be an outright dud with the .30 super carry. Then some guys talk S&W into making something in the 40-year-old .32 magnum and people go nuts for it.
    It's like the nonsense excitement around flash-in-the-pan calibers like .40S&W, .45GAP, .357 Sig, etc. Folks jumped on the bandwagon, as they do with new and shiny things, and I stuck with .38 and 9mm.

20+ years later, it's back to .38 and 9mm.. and .380s. They're old but they're very established and they work.

And now .32s are getting their renaissance. My great granny carried .32 in her purse her whole life. There was quite the ruckus when the staff at the nursing home found out!

Site Supporter
    There was a 432UC left of the original order of 5 at the local gun store. Showing in the computer but they had to dig around to find it. Love the sights and the grips, though I may end up putting one of my CT405s on it.
    Using my digital Lyman I'm getting ~11.5lbs on the trigger with some pulls going over the 12lb limit. My M&P340 has the Apex kit in it and it is ~9.25lbs. I received some azoom snap caps and have been using my weak hand to break in the trigger a little and strengthen my weak trigger finger. Noticed tiny sparks flying out of the firing bin bushing. Don't know what that's all about but I will put some of Lost River 100gr wadcutters downrange this weekend. Looking forward to it!
    Adam

Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    There was a 432UC left of the original order of 5 at the local gun store. Showing in the computer but they had to dig around to find it. Love the sights and the grips, though I may end up putting one of my CT405s on it.
    Using my digital Lyman I'm getting ~11.5lbs on the trigger with some pulls going over the 12lb limit. My M&P340 has the Apex kit in it and it is ~9.25lbs. I received some azoom snap caps and have been using my weak hand to break in the trigger a little and strengthen my weak trigger finger. Noticed tiny sparks flying out of the firing bin bushing. Don't know what that's all about but I will put some of Lost River 100gr wadcutters downrange this weekend. Looking forward to it!
    My 642 throws sparks when dry firing. I saw a review of the UC on YouTube, and the guy’s trigger gauge was reading 4.5#. Clearly a faulty device.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    Same here!

I'm gimped up from tendon reattachment to my left ankle currently, so no range time for me and my walker...getting old sucks!

But I have an LCR 327 and handloaded 500 rds of .32 H&R Mag WCs already this week in anticipation of eventually picking up one of the .32 UC's...maybe 2

Carrying Lost River's .32 mag in my LCR of course.

Congrats to all that have received one (or more) and thank you for your posts here.

Where is that envy emoji?
    Damn Jamie! I hate to hear that! Get better soon!!!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    My 642 throws sparks when dry firing. I saw a review of the UC on YouTube, and the guy’s trigger gauge was reading 4.5#. Clearly a faulty device.
    I saw that too, on gunblast-- holy smokes that can not be accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Moped View Post
    Damn Jamie! I hate to hear that! Get better soon!!!

Thank you my friend.

It truly is a combination of Years + Miles... but mostly miles!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Singh View Post
    It's like the nonsense excitement around flash-in-the-pan calibers like .40S&W, .45GAP, .357 Sig, etc. Folks jumped on the bandwagon, as they do with new and shiny things, and I stuck with .38 and 9mm.

20+ years later, it's back to .38 and 9mm.. and .380s. They're old but they're very established and they work.

And now .32s are getting their renaissance. My great granny carried .32 in her purse her whole life. There was quite the ruckus when the staff at the nursing home found out!
    Thread drift, I hate 40, but I don’t think it’s fair to put .40 S&W in that category- it saw widespread LE adoption probably surpassing 9mm from the 90s until the 2010s. 20 years of nationwide use isn’t exactly a flash in the pan. It’s almost remarkable how quickly it’s died.

None of those other calibers ever saw widespread use

User Tag List