Page 61 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Maybe I'm just crazy, but I kinda hope the .32's catch on enough that Safariland starts making Comp I's for the 6 shot .32's...
    I'm hoping 32 ammo will be stocked in LGS's. One of the biggest private in my hood has none and has no one interested in wanting any.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I'm hoping 32 ammo will be stocked in LGS's. One of the biggest private in my hood has none and has no one interested in wanting any.
    Same here, just not seeing it, when I inquire if it'll be stocked I'm told nah, it's a niche caliber with no demand.

Site Supporter
    https://revolverguy.com/the-lipseys-...-i/#more-13218

I thought I'd seen everything on the Lipseys UC's, If it's been listed here (don't know how I've missed it) I apologize for redundancy, but I just found this article, interesting detailed article by "The Revolver Guy"

What I find truly remarkable about these guns is they are the first factory models of any type I have seen in a long long time where I would not be doing something to them as they come out of the box, at least changing grips, changing/painting sights, changing some small part, sending it off for an action job, etc. A true credit to the folks responsible for this collaborative development work and their expertise and persistence.

Bringing back the .32 in this particular platform is probably a genius stroke that puts 32 H&R back in the market big time in the coming years. I predict we will see even more ammo choices for that cartridge. If so, this is what started it.

If I were Taurus and Ruger, I would take my steel frame 327's and make them in aluminum and chamber them for the 32 H&R as fast as development would permit to get into that game. If I were Kimber the K6xs would get a new 32 H&R chambering. Colt....well no pocket pistols in the product line anyway...
    Last edited by fatdog; 03-10-2024 at 07:55 AM.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Always between two major rivers that begin with the letter "M."
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    What I find truly remarkable about these guns is they are the first factory models of any type I have seen in a long long time where I would not be doing something to them as they come out of the box, at least changing grips, changing/painting sights, changing some small part, sending it off for an action job, etc. A true credit to the folks responsible for this collaborative development work and their expertise and persistence.
    With minor caveats, this is the same impression I get. I felt the same way about the Beretta 92X.
    gn

"On the internet, nobody knows if you are a dog... or even a cat."

Bringing back the .32 in this particular platform is probably a genius stroke that puts 32 H&R back in the market big time in the coming years. I predict we will see even more ammo choices for that cartridge. If so, this is what started it.

If I were Taurus and Ruger, I would take my steel frame 327's and make them in aluminum and chamber them for the 32 H&R as fast as development would permit to get into that game. If I were Kimber the K6xs would get a new 32 H&R chambering. Colt....well no pocket pistols in the product line anyway...
    I have had lasers on my J's for 20+ years and the 405's are great for recoil and lighter than G10 so personally I would change that before shooting

There is mixed reports on the trigger so it may need work

The K6xs weighs less than the UC and has 6 rounds (of cheaper and easier to find 38) and a better trigger than a standard J with a cylinder that is only slightly larger than a J

Yes the Ruger LCR aluminum frame in 32 would be smart. 2.5 oz lighter and likely as good or better trigger and a fair amount less.

Small revolvers are very low volume so the enthusiasm for 32 on a more or less technical forum does not equal the larger market

YMMV

This is 100% spot on.

Most the regulars have seen pics of my old 442 and commented on its ugliness, or made some other comment about it. But the whole thing has been all those mods have been to enhance its use for practical purposes. The first minute of picking up the 432 UC, I knew that I didn't need to do anything. Not even mess with the grips which is a super rare thing (for me). Grips are highly subjective due to the various hand sizes, finger lengths, hand strength, etc. However for me, the grips on the UC are just plain exceptional and it is quite obvious a BUNCH of time (Thank you Jason @JEC and others) was spent making sure they were right.

I was able to shoot my 442 for the first time yesterday.

My pre-MIM era 442 has a dramatically better trigger. There’s just no way around that. I do not know what was done with geometry and springs on mine, but it’s easily several pounds heavier. Had that not been in the advertising material I would have never known there was anything “improved.” Smoothness is ok and continues to improve with dry fire.

POI with Gold Dot 135+P seemed a tad high at 10-15 yards but I believe my poor trigger control played a role. POI with Lost River 148gr WC was similar if not slightly lower. The POI was not the dramatically high POI reported by another user in this thread. While the sight is great in the visibility department, I believe a squared-off front post would have been a bit easier to shoot accurately with.

The grips extend the shooting time I can spend with the gun before fatigue sets in, which is very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    https://revolverguy.com/the-lipseys-...-i/#more-13218

I thought I'd seen everything on the Lipseys UC's, If it's been listed here (don't know how I've missed it) I apologize for redundancy, but I just found this article, interesting detailed article by "The Revolver Guy"
    That was an excellent article. Thanks for posting.
    Taking a break from social media.

The grips on the UC are excellent. They tamed the perceived recoil significantly and make it possible to shoot a decent amount of regular 130g. I think if they had slightly more texture they would be great for the range.

I didn’t get a chance to test the POI at 15y, but at 25y it was printing under the top of the front sight with most loads (130, 158, and lower pressure WC). The GA ultimate defense WCs were about 4.5” high. If it had a set of nice target sights, I’m sure it would turn in excellent accuracy, but I did manage to put 5 of the GA WCs in just under 2” at 25.

User Tag List