Page 4 of 96 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So now what are we going to talk about until tomorrow afternoon when these are announced?
    Nyclads.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

The biggest thing I took away from their podcast, was how Bolke et. al. were going to help Smith and Wesson with quality control.

Guesses for tomorrow. A 32 J frame. A lightweight K frame. A 642 with better sights

What they should do is the 342 and A lightweight K6xs type platform, Mountain guns again

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I’d love to see revolvers that don’t need a trip back to the factory.
    I wholly agree.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    What ammo for 3” RB, no-lock K-frame carry?
    That shoots to the sights...
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So now what are we going to talk about until tomorrow afternoon when these are announced?
    How close to last place the NY Yankees will finish in 2024? Why are there no choices in a DA 4" .45 Colt? Or a .44 Special?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

What ammo for 3” RB, no-lock K-frame carry?

Remington 357 158 gr sjhp.

The old 38 +p swchp.

Birdshot, first 2 rds up.

Most of where I carry it would probably be a +p+ 38 swc load made at home with the others mentioned on standby. Im not in the streetz to get kilt in for the most part.
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I'm officially an oldster, I don't care for +P loads in lightweight guns. If this new gun is a K-frame version of a 442, then it is a target-velocity wadcutter launcher for me. I do carry revolvers with +P loads, but those are in steel-framed guns.

For me, the sweet spot is a Colt Detective Special, preferably with a shrouded hammer. After that, a short-barreled M13/19/65/66 is good.

A teaser photo I’ve seen has me betting on a .32 caliber version of a 640 Pro.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Nyclads.
    Still have some...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Still have some...
    Me, too--Still have 4 or 5 Boxes left out of the last Case I bought--In 1988 or '89--Wow, was it THAT long ago???

User Tag List