Page 71 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Site Supporter
    Might be worth the wait, QC wise

Heavy, that’s great thanks for takin the time to do that. Yeah, that is like my LCR front XS, my 442 is def defective, new one is enroute, great service from Jason!

I got some powder puff 105 grains I am gonna try soon. Shot it the other day, while the grips help some especially rounding out that backstrap, you still know it’s a .38 in a small gun. It was keeping them in a B8 at 10 yards no problem. I think I am gonna get a 632 as well!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Heavy, that’s great thanks for takin the time to do that. Yeah, that is like my LCR front XS, my 442 is def defective, new one is enroute, great service from Jason!

I got some powder puff 105 grains I am gonna try soon. Shot it the other day, while the grips help some especially rounding out that backstrap, you still know it’s a .38 in a small gun. It was keeping them in a B8 at 10 yards no problem. I think I am gonna get a 632 as well!
    "Heavy", is that like a pet name lol?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post

My airweight J practice load is a 105gr moly coated lead over 2.0-2.5gr BE (depending on who is shooting it, or how my wrist is doing). Works very well, kinda duplicates a .32 Long.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    My airweight J practice load is a 105gr moly coated lead over 2.0-2.5gr BE (depending on who is shooting it, or how my wrist is doing). Works very well, kinda duplicates a .32 Long.
    Sounds like a swell aluminum revolver practice load. Do you know what kind of velocity you get out of it?

Has anyone tried removing the stocks on the 432?

Is there a trick?

Mine seem to be stuck...
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Has anyone tried removing the stocks on the 432?

Is there a trick?

Mine seem to be stuck...
    Yes I removed them, and just be persistent.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes I removed them, and just be persistent.
    Do they separate or slide off?
    I removed the screw but they’re on very tight.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Paul,

Try tapping the back of the grips with a rubber mallet. That will usually separate the halves and allow you to get them off.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    I have also loaded the 105 coated bullet (I'm sure many of the companies are using the same, or similar, mold). I've also found that downloading a 158 RN also results in a fairly light recoil, but also hits closer to the sights for me. That's always been my struggle with light for caliber bullets in the fixed sight revolvers. For example, I got a partial box of the Hornady 90 grain "Lite" ammo with a 642 in trade and decided to try it in gel. Of the two I shot, one expanded and one did not, but both were in the 12-18" penetration range (which makes sense, as it was similar to a 380 in diameter and weight, so a non-expanding bullet would behave similar to a 380 FMJ). The problem is they hit so far off the sights that wouldn't want to use them in my 442 without shaving down the front sight, which would mean it was a dedicated light bullet gun.

User Tag List