Page 22 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    Get me the SKUs and I'll hit the Lipsey's booth tomorrow.
    Name:  IMG_8056.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  49.8 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I'll take a 432UC and a 632UC. Credit card in hand.

Following with extreme interest. 632UC here, credit card is waiting.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

432UC (SM14035) card in hand
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Real sights on a J frame is one of the things folks have asked for. I have to say those look a bit... snaggy... for a pocket gun.
    The ramped contour of the rear sight should be in the opposite direction (toward the shooter) to inhibit snagging during pocket draws.

Ok, email sent to my Lipseys rep, hopefully I can get these.

Site Supporter
    Also in for a 432 (SM14035).
    Ok, email sent to my Lipseys rep, hopefully I can get these.

What you hit is more important than what you hit with.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    A lot of modern, informed discussion on terminal ballistics is based on LE or mil testing / AAR / data. LE/mil pistol applications are not going to accommodate a .32 anything in anyone's lifetime, so that complicates things. Results from hunting data is another, but also kind of complicated because deer don't often smoke bath salts and rob someone in the parking lot of a Wal-Mart. (Squirrels sure. But not larger game. Well, not usually.)

".36 bullets suck." So, therefore, .31 bullets must suck "more" to some degree or another. When it comes to a hit to the brain or spine with a hardcast .32 wadcutter going fast enough to make an exit wound, does it actually suck less than a .36" bullet? I don't know. I suspect the lower recoil, leading to better hits under stress, leading to more shots getting in the CNS holy land has some value. It does to me, intuitively. But I can't articulate that in a way that makes sense, much less is persuasive, to anyone else. And what's more, I'm not an objective authority on the matter and there's a 100% chance I was wrong about something today. This could be one of those things.

I think the .32 magnum version of these guns is best reserved for people who either can't currently manage the .38 version with one of the handful of rounds that pass muster (Crit Def 110gr, Gold Dot 135gr, Various 148gr wadcutter) or acknowledge that time is coming. (Eventually that's everyone.) So anyone looking at either the Old Man Gun as a current or eventual need should probably think about it. For the 20-somethings among us who can make the .38 work, then the .38 is probably the smarter choice. Losing a round sucks. But the objective data on the .38 special is more comprehensive. Meanwhile, as a dude in his early 40s that's starting to feel the ravages of time... yeah. A .32 magnum wadcutter is singing a siren's song.

Also hopeful this spurs Ruger to do the alloy framed 6 shot 32H&R LCR we’ve all craved too.

Quote Originally Posted by gato naranja View Post
    But here's my hope: this is the push that finally gets S&W - and anyone else paying attention - off top dead center (emphasis on DEAD) WRT better sights and "high horn" grips becoming standard equipment on concealed hammer/bobbed hammer snubbies.

"Having small revolvers in 2024 arguably sighted no better than those of 1896 is nothing to be proud of, Rusty."
    https://www.taurususa.com/revolvers/...ers/taurus-856

Maybe Lipsey's can help Smith get back in the driver's seat.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

User Tag List