Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

I dig it.

@JEC any info on price and availability?

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    I dig it.

@JEC any info on price and availability?
    I am not Jason but I heard late Feb and surprisingly good price.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Nice work everyone who was involved. You could probably get to this on your own with about $1,500 worth of gunsmithing and a couple of years worth of fiddle-fucking around.

The new guns are a five-shot 642 and 442 in 38 Special and six-shot 632 and 423 in 32 H&R Magnum
    Ammo by Lost River!
    No lock
    Sights: large Novak-style rear, pinned-in XS Big Dot Tritium front sight
    Sights regulated for 135 Speer Gold Dot JHPs and 148-grain wadcutters
    Slightly oversized VZ grips, covered high-horn backstrap, relieved for speedloaders
    Lighter trigger pull
    Endurance package
    Chamfered charge holes
    Cylinder beveled

I’m in for at least one of the 38s.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    No link yet?

Here we go, round #1:

Nice work, @JEC
    Although I don't love the front sight I am super excited for a 32 with replaceable sights. I am concerned about the price though.

I’m in for a 442 UC.

Unless all the P-F hipsters manage to convince me to go 432 between now and wider gun shipping/availability.

Anyone remember this thread?

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ro-quot-thread

Better late than never.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I’m in for at least one of the 38s.
    Ditto! It's nice when you already have the holsters, speedloaders, and other support gear.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

I went from "Whip-de-doo, basil" until i saw a 6 shot 32, now I'm like "Shagadelic, baby! Yeah!". I was planning on a k6xs but now i am thinking I'll try this in 32.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am not Jason but I heard late Feb and surprisingly good price.
    A functional J-frame at a good price. What will the Ultimate Carry Line do to M&P 340 and 340PD product lines? Or the folks trying to sell older 432s on GB for 2K? The Ultimate Carry could be a game-changer.

Going off the video it sounds pretty impressive. Seems like they thought of every detail that could go into optimizing a J-frame, without requiring a fundamental redesign or re-tooling. Its really cool they brought some SME's I know from PF to help in the execution.

I generally hate a front sight without a rectangular top edge but I guess that makes sense for J-frame shooting distances. In any case having a replaceable front sight is huge.

Very skeptical on the claim that they greatly improved the trigger pull by making some minor adjustments to how the parts are made. If it was that easy, why wait until now to do that? The LCR has been making S&W look like a joke in that department for well over a decade now.

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    No link yet?

Here we go, round #1:

Nice work, @JEC
    .32mag?? In conjunction with @Lost River??

User Tag List