Page 68 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by idahojess View Post
    Yep -- I asked about it a couple weeks ago in this thread, and I think someone else did before me...

FWIW, my roughly 10-year old 340pd (with not a ton of rounds through it, because I like my hands) comes in at 11 pounds 8 ounces on my lyman. At least it registers, unlike my Security Six.

It seems like the modern Cobras, Kimbers and LCRs have gotten the weight down on the DA pull. This becomes more of issue as my primary hand becomes more suspiciously arthritisy.

RE: your hand becoming "more suspiciously arthritisy," I can definitely relate. I've always been a gym rat, which helps, but more specifically, I have found a device which has greatly improved my finger/hand strength. Here's the link: https://prohands.net/
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Corse - thanks for the feedback. I have had success with my 340 trigger - which is untouched - but as my arthritis keeps zeroing in on my hands and fingers, a report like yours just increases my curiosity. I must find an UC to compare.

Anything else you could post, like the recoil with those great VC grips, would be much appreciated!
    First I’ll say, that I dread shooting anything but wadcutters in my 340. I can deal with a couple cylinders of 130g or 158g 38s. I have swapped grips to make it more pleasant, with Taurus rubber grips working very well for the range.

For the UC I started with some 130g and I was expecting similar discomfort. Fortunately I was surprised and it wasn’t an issue. I tried 158s and Georgia arms WCs. Multiple cylinders and I was still enjoying the experience. In fact the only discomfort I experienced was if I got a very high grip and I relaxed my hand a little.

DIY high horn covered backstrap boot grips are doable with some dremel work… and they have the hogue tamer stuff in them.

Here’s a pic when I did them for my 340.
    Name:  IMG_1287.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  59.5 KB
    Easy to shoot with Wadcutter loads but I hate them for pocket carry.

The thread with the how to is somewhere here at PF.

Site Supporter
    I've been conserving my 38 ammo waiting for a 642 UC, still pocket carrying my 642 but shooting my LCR 9 weekly. This weekend I did run a couple cylinders of Double Tap WC through the 642, I'm anxious for the UC to show up. I've gotta say though, after shooting a 9mm snub, the WC' s were very pleasant shooting.

Get a padded shooting glove then 158 standard pressure is no big deal in 11.4 oz. 340 with 405's

Wadcutters above 700fps are stout and defeat the reason for using wadcutters. Thus the reason for using GMM @660ish

Big grips on a j frame once again defeat the purpose unless it's a belt gun and then why a tiny five shot hard to shoot belt gun when a 365 et. al. only weighs a couple ounces more? (a 16 oz. pocket gun vs 11.4 oz. also seems silly for the same juice)

As always YMMV

I should be getting my 442UC back from S&W this week with the proper barrel shroud and a new front sight. Also was blessed to get both 32s. All the thanks goes to Jason (JEC) of Lipseys, you’re the man. 😎
    These are so worth the money and the best snubbys you can get.

Name:  IMG_2832.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  75.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_2833.jpg
Views: 500
Size:  68.5 KB
    “When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today.”

I have yet to find a 32 H&R but still looking, asked a local gun shop and they just started laughing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    First I’ll say, that I dread shooting anything but wadcutters in my 340. I can deal with a couple cylinders of 130g or 158g 38s. I have swapped grips to make it more pleasant, with Taurus rubber grips working very well for the range.

For the UC I started with some 130g and I was expecting similar discomfort. Fortunately I was surprised and it wasn’t an issue. I tried 158s and Georgia arms WCs. Multiple cylinders and I was still enjoying the experience. In fact the only discomfort I experienced was if I got a very high grip and I relaxed my hand a little.

Whenever I shoot my 340, I shoot one or two cylinders of my carry load (Speer Gold Dot 135 gr/short barrel/+P), and then an equivalent weight wadcutter - whatever is available near me. This current regimen is with Crimson Trace grips. Full disclosure here - soon after getting the 340, I shot a cylinder of .357 magnum with the OEM grips - why, you ask? Because I'm a knucklehead and just had to know. That experience will never be repeated.

This keeps getting better - thanks for sharing your experiences with your UC.
    "We are the domestic pets of a human zoo we call civilization."

Laurence Gonzales - "Deep Survival."

I shot both 432 UC revolvers today with Lost River wadcutters. Using the iron sights on both, and the CT 105 laser grips on revolver one, keeping hits on a 3.5x5 at 15 yards.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by awmp View Post
    I have yet to find a 32 H&R but still looking, asked a local gun shop and they just started laughing.
    Because they’re impossible to get, or because it’s a .32?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List