Page 32 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I almost bought two HKS speedloaders, a pack of 8-round tuff-strips and some snap caps before I said to myself: “Self, don’t be stupid. You don’t know if you’ll be able to buy the gun, yet.”
    Seems perfectly reasonable to me. I bought 2 boxes of .38-55 as soon as I got an in stock notification and before I had even bid on the rifle I was looking at at the time...
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Seems perfectly reasonable to me. I bought 2 boxes of .38-55 as soon as I got an in stock notification and before I had even bid on the rifle I was looking at at the time...
    I get it. I’ve been window shopping for 32 H&R dies, speed loaders, brass, bullets, etc. I’ve not bought new dies in years and there was some sticker shock

So, when it comes to getting one, fuggedaboudit?

My guess is that for the vast majority of users, four boxes of .32 wadcutters would be a lifetime supply. Maybe two boxes.
    Seeming that way, granted I’ve only called one shop in the area (Trigger Finger). If I’m able to find one or multiple I’ll let you know. I know we’re local to each other. I’ve got a few other shops I’ve done a lot of business with I own a call so we’ll see.

I was going to say 4 boxes may be generous, I think I’ve got some .32 dies somewhere so if I really decided to become born again in the church of .32 I’ll just roll my own. Then again I’ve got about 500 .38 wadcutters on hand already with lots of range fodder……….but in this case beggars can’t be choosers.

I asked my local FFL to put a 442 on his wishlist for me. He’s a small business that mostly does drop shipping and transfers for customers so he doesn’t stock an inventory. He doesn’t expect to be high on Lipsey’s priority list when they allocate which dealers are going to get a gun but we’ll see what happens.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NPV View Post
    Seeming that way, granted I’ve only called one shop in the area (Trigger Finger). If I’m able to find one or multiple I’ll let you know. I know we’re local to each other. I’ve got a few other shops I’ve done a lot of business with I own a call so we’ll see.

I was going to say 4 boxes may be generous, I think I’ve got some .32 dies somewhere so if I really decided to become born again in the church of .32 I’ll just roll my own. Then again I’ve got about 500 .38 wadcutters on hand already with lots of range fodder……….but in this case beggars can’t be choosers.
    I emailed the place closest to me and haven’t heard back.

I’m curious if VZ is selling the J-frame UC grips separately. .
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    Ok, email sent to my Lipseys rep, hopefully I can get these.
    Any news on this?

I’m curious if VZ is selling the J-frame UC grips separately. .
    I'd like to know that as well as it would be a nice upgrade for my old 442.

If I were to guess, I'd say they won't for a while. I believe that their sort of boot grip for the Python Combat (I think that's the name for the 3 inch and unfluted cylinder) has been exclusive to that gun since it got introduced as I haven't found it on their website.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    Any news on this?
    Nothing yet, probably not for several weeks.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    Any news on this?
    My understanding is that they're not shipping until late February...so I wouldn't expect certainty until then.

If 1,000 of each flavor was the initial order and if Lipseys is already got more inquiries than guns, I'd imagine their previous statements about having a pipeline set up to sell these guns for as long as they sell will be activated and they'll have more orders in to S&W.

I have no idea how the response to them has been, but I'd imagine it's bigger than Lipseys imagined so far. So it'll probably take a while to get settled out. And I'd expect there to be some actors who are going to charge over MSRP when they get their hands on them.

But my crystal ball is cracked, so I could be wrong about all of that.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    My understanding is that they're not shipping until late February...so I wouldn't expect certainty until then.

If 1,000 of each flavor was the initial order and if Lipseys is already got more inquiries than guns, I'd imagine their previous statements about having a pipeline set up to sell these guns for as long as they sell will be activated and they'll have more orders in to S&W.

I have no idea how the response to them has been, but I'd imagine it's bigger than Lipseys imagined so far. So it'll probably take a while to get settled out. And I'd expect there to be some actors who are going to charge over MSRP when they get their hands on them.

But my crystal ball is cracked, so I could be wrong about all of that.
    If it helps, your crystal ball is at least in binocular vision; mine says the same thing. A year or 18 months from now is a good time to consider adding a new .32 to one’s collection—which I will most likely do.

Plus, I’m done buying first runs of anything. I’d probably make an exception for a Lipsey’s gun if I saw one under MSRP at the LGS, because I’m weak like that (and have had good luck with Lipsey exclusives), but I’m not going to put energy into chasing the first ones out the door. BTDT, and JMO.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

User Tag List