Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

A few questions for Jason re: the UCs

Quote Originally Posted by JEC View Post
    Hey Everyone, still trying to get caught up from SHOT but I wanted to answer a few of the questions we had at the booth and some of the stuff I've seen asked here and elsewhere.

[full quote cut for size]

I'm sure I have missed a few other questions, but feel free to post them here and I'll do my best to get you an answer. We are going to do a follow up video too answering questions, but I wanted to get them out here first.

Thank you for your patience while I was out last week.

Jason
    Hello Jason (and hello everyone, this is my first post here), thanks for helping arrange this big collaboration with all involved to make the UCs happen. This iteration on the j-frame is so exciting!

I was hoping to clarify a few things about the trigger in particular. The bit you've said about the 'new geometry' makes it sound like this is NOT just a Performance Center trigger job, correct? Does the UC trigger use different (new?) components, or were existing components shifted around a bit to adjust the feeling of the trigger pull? I did note the different springs as well. How would you compare the UC and a typical Performance Center double action trigger?

One more question, a good one I saw somewhere in the youtube comments of a video about the UCs. Folks know that .32 acp kinda sorta works in .32 revolvers. Does the chamfered charge holes leave the .32 acp's semi rim with enough material to sit in the chamber correctly? I don't plan on using .32 acp anyway, so i have no dog in this fight.

Thanks again, Jason! Good work!

I just ordered a 632 from my local Cabelas. Paid for it in full. They ordered it and were told it would be shipped in March. Just perfect as I will be done snowbirding by then.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    I just ordered a 632 from my local Cabelas. Paid for it in full. They ordered it and were told it would be shipped in March. Just perfect as I will be done snowbirding by then.
    Interesting. Can I ask the price?

I visited my LGS today, and he sent a message to his Lipsey's rep inquiring about them. The rep got back to him quickly saying they'd ship late this month or early next, and he'd see about getting one to my dealer. LGS owner took my name a phone number. We didn't talk price, since he wasn't 100% on getting one, but he also said his rep generally can get him the guns he orders in situations like this. We'll see... I'm willing to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Interesting. Can I ask the price?

I visited my LGS today, and he sent a message to his Lipsey's rep inquiring about them. The rep got back to him quickly saying they'd ship late this month or early next, and he'd see about getting one to my dealer. LGS owner took my name a phone number. We didn't talk price, since he wasn't 100% on getting one, but he also said his rep generally can get him the guns he orders in situations like this. We'll see... I'm willing to be patient.
    $760 OTD

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I've ordered ammo (.32 Long WC), snap caps and speed strips for a gun that I don't have yet.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I've ordered ammo (.32 Long WC), snap caps and speed strips for a gun that I don't have yet.
    What snap caps did you get and do you think they are necessary for light dry fire use?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What snap caps did you get and do you think they are necessary for light dry fire use?
    Besides snap cap use, I use them for practicing reloading.

Are they necessary? Don’t know. But I feel better using them. A-Zoom from Amazon.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 02-02-2024 at 07:31 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    $760 OTD

Thanks. Just trying to gauge what these might go for in meatspace.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Plus a couple of speedloaders, 500 rounds of 32 S&W Long brass and 1000 bullets. I already have dies.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post

Thanks. Just trying to gauge what these might go for in meatspace.
    $675-700 expected street price
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List