Page 42 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Plus a couple of speedloaders, 500 rounds of 32 S&W Long brass and 1000 bullets. I already have dies.
    I wasn’t going to order any components until I had a good idea when to expect the gun, but I think I’ll go ahead and get some brass and bullets, as I’ll want to shoot it ASAP

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    $675-700 expected street price
    Yeah, a) once they hit the pipeline and b) after the first run mostly goes on Gunbroker at $1k+. I fully expect this to go about the way the reintroduction of the Python went.

I admit I could well be bogusly projecting this thread's enthusiasm onto the buying public in general. I really, really hope I'm wrong since I've already told my LGS to get a 442 UC for me when they become available.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Plus a couple of speedloaders, 500 rounds of 32 S&W Long brass and 1000 bullets. I already have dies.
    I probably won’t bother with speedloaders.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I just received 100 pieces of brass, have 100 rounds coming from Ted, ordered dies, and considering Missouri Bullets. What brand did you go with?
    Taking a break from social media.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    $675-700 expected street price
    This seems to be in line with what I've been told, Yesterday at the shop, I asked if he wanted a deposit due to limited availability...
    Was told, not necessary, I'll call you but it'll probably be several weeks. I was told He got some 32 Critical Defense in but not much else readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by mikey357 View Post
    Hmmm...I wasn't aware that the 66-8's had ANY Gas Ring...
    You're right! I didn't think S&W would make a revolver that lacked a gas ring. (Then again, there are still problems with over-torqued barrels and two-piece barrels that would loosen up. It would be nice if they were able to address these issues.)
    Last edited by Wooosh; 02-03-2024 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post

Thanks. Just trying to gauge what these might go for in meatspace.

$45 of that was state sales tax so I got it for under the msrp of $759. I think that’s pretty good for a special order on a limited edition.

I’m going to shoot mine.

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    $45 of that was state sales tax so I got it for under the msrp of $759. I think that’s pretty good for a special order on a limited edition.

I’m going to shoot mine.
    I think you may have paid like, maybe, 19 bucks for the privilege of being able to report back here with the first paying customer review.

I hope you do that.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post

I’m going to shoot mine.
    I'd be happy coming in around that $700 area, before tax too.

I'm hoping my LGS won't ask for full MSRP. I've bought quite a few guns there, and the owner is good to work with, but demand is a thing. I have seen some prices online listed closer to $625... which would be great, but those shops also don't currently have any guns in hand, so I don't trust the pricing.

I fully intend to shoot mine a bunch, if I can get my hands on one. I may buy a .32 eventually.

I did see that S&W has a $50 rebate on a bunch of J-frames right now, but these models don't appear to be part of that. Booo....

ETA: I should probably get my Dillion set up for .38 soon...

@WDR

ETA: I should probably get my Dillion set up for .38 soon...[/QUOTE]

Thinking we should all be reloading while we await them. 👍🏻

User Tag List