Page 23 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by JEC View Post
    Hey everyone I was traveling to Vegas for SHOT today and have been getting the booth setup. I’ll try to answer a few questions I’ve seen.

The guns will start shipping to dealers end of February. MSRP is $759 which puts the UC right in the middle of the standard 642 and the M&P 340.

This isn’t a one run and done deal. Our initial order is 1000 of each of the four models. We already have plans for more orders staged throughout the year.
    Jason, thanks for the detailed post.

Given all of the features of these models, an MSRP of $759 is a fantastic deal. I will go further and say that it is a downright steal for buyers at that price.. I imagine you could have made 10,000, and they would all be spoken for.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansohn Brothers View Post
    Ok, email sent to my Lipseys rep, hopefully I can get these.
    Thanks, I will want the 632.

Please put me in for a 442 .38 Special, Lipsey’s number SM13996.

Thanks

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail?itemno=SM14035

I’m down for two of the 432UC in this sku. Happy to prepay.

Here’s the 632:

https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail?itemno=SM14034

Couldn’t find the 442UC & 642UC on their website.
    642 UC: https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail?itemno=SM13995

442UC: https://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail?itemno=SM13996
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I asked my FFL to do whatever it is he does to order one from Lipsey’s.

I also emailed VZ Grips. Unfortunately, no plans to offer the grips separately at this time, which is a shame.

Maybe we should split the preorder/group buy attempt into its own thread and keep this one for the discussion of the features and merits of this configuration.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I'm in for a 442 or 642, Please.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    NVM, don't want to clutter this thread.
    Last edited by TCinVA; 01-22-2024 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Cluttering
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by JEC View Post
    Hey everyone I was traveling to Vegas for SHOT today and have been getting the booth setup. I’ll try to answer a few questions I’ve seen.

The guns will start shipping to dealers end of February. MSRP is $759 which puts the UC right in the middle of the standard 642 and the M&P 340.

This isn’t a one run and done deal. Our initial order is 1000 of each of the four models. We already have plans for more orders staged throughout the year.

For those disappointed that it’s not a K frame don’t fret, I have a lot more in projects in the queue. The J-Frame was where we could get one done the quickest. I think 2024 and 2025 will be great years for revolver fans.

The 32 vs 38 debate is one I struggled with too until I shot them. After putting hundreds of rounds through both, the 32 is around 30% less felt recoil in my opinion. Way easier to get quick hits. The 38 with wadcutters running 750 fps or so isn’t bad but the same 32 100gr wadcutter at 800 fps is noticeably softer to shoot. 32 S&W Long is like a 22 LR recoil wise and would be a great choice for practice or the super recoil sensitive shooter.

Sight regulation is something we spent a long time on and shot everything from 110gr to 158gr +P in the 38. The 130’s gr ammo along with 148 Wadcutter ammo hit dead on out to 15 yards. As you get out to 25 yards the bullets impact a couple inches high. This actually works well because a slight six o clock hold puts the round where you want them and you can see the target better. The 110gr -125gr ammo only shot a couple inches low at 15 yards and the 158’s only shot a couple inches high at 15. I think the new grips allow a higher hold on the gun and helps reduce the muzzle rise thus decreasing the bigger disparities in point of impact.

For the 32’s we shot everything from Double Tap 60gr all copper loads to heavy 120gr hard cast. Same phenomenon here. The 60gr stuff shot about 3” low at 15 and the 120’s shot 2 to 3” high at 15. 85gr to 100gr ammo shot to the sights at 15. The 32 Long ammo shot to the sights as well.

I had Darryl Bolke and Bryan Eastridge come down to help with the sight regulation shoot. I wanted several experienced shooters to shoot the same guns with the same loads to get a consensus. It was cool to see DB, Bryan, Andrew Gore from S&W and myself all put the a cylinder of ammo in the same group. That’s when we knew we had something.

Some people bemoan the two piece barrel but there are some advantages and in my opinion was a better option here. First, the two piece allows the factory to set the cylinder gap more consistently. All the samples I measured came in at .006. The other benefit was Smith could adjust the height of the ramp for sight regulation for the 32 and the 38 and that allowed the use of the same front sight. Working with third parties like XS it makes it easier to have one sight height to contend with.

I hope this answers some of the questions and or concerns. I’m very happy how these turned out. S&W was very accommodating to all my request and they made several trips down with sample guns to make sure they were exactly what we wanted. When I pitch a project to a manufacturer I ask for everything and hope to get 75% of it. This time I got 100% and actually a little more with the Endurance Package.

Thank you for the nice words about the video. Our marketing team worked really hard to get footage of the process from the beginning. For 3 guys they did a great job.

Jason
    Add me to the list for a pair of 432s, maybe a trio. One of my next purchases was going to be an LCR .327, but it wasn’t quite right: a little larger, no tritium front, rubber stocks that need to be replaced for pocket carry. This is almost the exact pocket gun that I would have designed from the ground up, or more accurately what I would have expected a bunch of subject matter expert thinking man’s gunfighters like @Dagga Boy and @Lost River to spec out. The concept is nothing groundbreaking, but the thought-out execution of all the right concepts creeps up on perfection for this niche role.

Yeah I would love the VZ grips. Also, want one of each.

User Tag List