Page 18 of 96 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

I’ve bought a small pile of Lipsey runs over the years. They do tend to hold value.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I have heard that Lipsey's Rugers have been inspected more closely. A fine single action revolver is an outstanding woods companion and a great gift for a young shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    I have heard that Lipsey's Rugers have been inspected more closely. A fine single action revolver is an outstanding woods companion and a great gift for a young shooter.
    I never should have sold any of my Lipsey .44 specials; Flattop Blackhawk, Sheriff model Vaq, etc…
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

I need to root around in the garage and see if I still have grandpa’s 32 H&R dies.

Quote Originally Posted by JWintergreen View Post
    Since a D frame size Smith is unlikely, a new Model 12 or 612 (Stainless version) with all of these features would be fantastic.
    I had the same thought when JEC alluded to future K frame plans. This is great news; a new 12 with similar changes would be damned great news.

Site Supporter
    Damn, that .32 looks cool as hell.

I've been asking for essentially the Ultimate Carry for a long time. I tried a 442 a while back and had to sell it because the trigger reach was too short and nobody made grips to fix it. I've been trying out a Sig P365 so I might move away from snubbys alltogether but I'll have to buy an Ultimate Carry just because Lipsey's just knocked it out of the park and into the next county. All the features I could have ever hopped for with input from some of the best people to ask. I can't not buy one.

I left a comment on the YouTube video asking for a K-frame version.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I have to admit the .32 is intriguing, but the last thing I need is another damned caliber.

Except for the fairly small amount of ammo for carry, the thought of buying factory ammo is positively repulsive to me.

So a new caliber means reloading dies, sheplates, moulds, the whole nine yards.

And .32s aren’t exactly something you’ll find on the shelf at your local Academy.

Site Supporter
    Maybe I missed it in this thread, and I'm not familiar with how Lipsey's does business, but is this a limited edition, either by number or timeframe?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    Maybe I missed it in this thread, and I'm not familiar with how Lipsey's does business, but is this a limited edition, either by number or timeframe?
    You can "bet your bippy" that this is going to be a Lipsey's "allocated" item for high-volume dealers who get on a list. Your LGS may see exactly 1 of these in the next 12 months. And that one may likely end up on GunJoker for a couple hundred over list.

Sorry to poop in the punchbowl, but having shot, carried and qualified with J frames (including at 50 yards) for the better part of 40 years... I'm not feeling the hype on this. An airweight revolver with big VZ grips (an acquired taste in any event) and big sights, for a gun that goes into your pocket or ankle. Hmmm... why don't you just pick a bigger gun if you're going to make it bigger?

The ammunition targeting deserves a double "Hmmm". The .38 Spl version is claimed to be zeroed for 'both the Speer 135 grain GDHP +P and also the 148 grain wadcutter". Say what? Hmmm #1 - those are probably the two least available .38 Spl factory rounds to be found. They make .32 H&R factory defensive ammo - which is scarce - look like a cornucopia. Hmmm #2 - in every single .38 Spl revolver I've fired those two rounds in - and I've lost count - they shot to different points of impact. I can't think of one specimen where they shot to the same POI. Yet in this magical revolver the sun doth shineth in full glory, and the seas are parted. I suppose if you make the target big enough they hit the same place...

S&W made the relatively plain-jane aireweight .32 H&R 431PD and 432 for a few years and for the purposes intended, they worked just fine. I have a 431PD with the tiny little old factory-supplied Uncle Mike's Spegal-inspired boot grips, and it will stay on an FBI Q at 50 yards prone. Other than making what is supposed to be a small gun bigger, I don't see what this new amazing re-hash brings to the table from a practical sense, as opposed to a marketing/selling "the new" point of view.

Hard pass, folks. I get that Lipsey's and S&W are in business to make money. But I like my small guns, well, small. Otherwise, just get a bigger more capable gun. I'll wait for an open-market SKU plain jane version from S&W. Might be a long wait. Better would be a steel-frame exposed hammer model, but that's a pipe dream in today's perceived market.

For those who are salivating, buy one of each!
    Last edited by TheKuduKing; 01-22-2024 at 03:11 AM.

User Tag List