Page 53 of 96 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

I picked up my 442UC today. It has the best factory stocks I have ever held.

The trigger has a very even rolling press. It's the best out of the box J-frame trigger I have ever tried.

The sights are great. That big green dot really pops, and drops right into the U-notch rear sight.

I'm going to do some dry presses this evening, then hit the range tomorrow after church.

For the price, you'd be a moron not to snag one of they were available. I have paid a lot more for J-frames that were not this good after a trip to a smith. For basically $200-ish dollars over the MSRP of a basic 642, you are getting custom gun features.

Joel at Lipsey's, with input from Darryl and BrYan knocked this out of the park. A big tip of the Stetson to the folks at Smith&Wesson for producing such a solid revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I picked up my 442UC today.

The sights are great. That big green dot really pops, and drops right into the U-notch rear sight.
    Check your front sight, the tritium is dead on my 442UC. Guess I have to call S&W Monday.
    “When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today.”

With all the interest and the fact that 3 LGS said they couldn’t order one for me, I gave up on getting one in this first release. That is until a 442 popped up today. I’m going to pick it up Monday. I’m very interested in comparing it to my 340.

Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    Check your front sight, the tritium is dead on my 442UC. Guess I have to call S&W Monday.
    Over on the Blue Forum there’s already three complaints of dead front night sights, and my friend who picked up his 442-UC yesterday…. HIS TOO!
    S&W had better deal with this problem effectively and efficiently and fast! I get it that the sight is not their product, but it’s on their product so it is on them.

Site Supporter
    Does the sight provide an indication of the maker?
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Does the sight provide an indication of the maker?
    XS is supplying the Front Sights, IIRC...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey357 View Post
    XS is supplying the Front Sights, IIRC...
    Now that you mention it, I recall it being mentioned upthread.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Over on the Blue Forum there’s already three complaints of dead front night sights, and my friend who picked up his 442-UC yesterday…. HIS TOO!
    S&W had better deal with this problem effectively and efficiently and fast! I get it that the sight is not their product, but it’s on their product so it is on them.
    Ugh... that isn't good. Sounds like maybe they had a bad batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    Thanks for that info, now I know it’s not just me. Hopefully they just send me a new sight since it’s replaceable. I don’t want to send my revolver in and have to wait.

The sights are XS and marked as such too.
    “When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today.”

Site Supporter
    S&W QC
    Guess I'll need to check it out in the dark before I put my money down.
    Last edited by D-der; 03-03-2024 at 06:01 AM.

User Tag List