Page 38 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

This is the first practical gun I have been excited about in a while. Bravo to Lipsey's and S&W. I have literally been grumbling about these exact upgrades for 10+ years. I never really considered the .32 but now I guess I will get one of those too. Fantastic job guy's, I hope you make a ton.

Number one is the Lipsey's UC:

https://youtu.be/GXUnpqREfNM?si=3xUSKfRVz7haRQEw
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Then do K-frames.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Patience...but save up your money.
    Too much to hope for a gun without the frelling IL?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    We can hope...
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    It's a new day at S&W and indications are that will fade into a bad memory except where required.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    It's a new day at S&W and indications are that will fade into a bad memory except where required.

No lock revolvers with a hammer, good QC, and decent prices are a dream come true.

Extra cash to enjoy my dreams would be nice too. Maybe the tractor won’t break this year!

Site Supporter
    I've got a little guy on my right shoulder saying, fuck yeah! This is what we're waiting for, good regulated sights, nice trigger, grip and improved build quality out of the box...
    The little guy on my left shoulder just shrugs his shoulders with a shitty grin on his face. I have no doubt about the skill, work, devotion and thought invested. I don't think I can resist the sirens song coming from the right side shoulder. I'm gonna put my money up and hope I can get a UC that's not built on a Monday, Friday, around break or lunch time.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Welp...gonna be saving then.

Quote Originally Posted by JEC View Post
    The question I have seen the most is why no 327 Federal Magnum. Easy answer is the aluminum frame will not handle it. Same goes for the 9mm. We would have to go with a steel frame or the more expensive Scandium frame to do those chamberings. Not to say we won't do them later, but for this initial launch we wanted to stay at a more affordable price and lighter weight.
    Maybe I'm going out on a limb with this assumption, but I am ASSuming that most of the folks asking this like the idea of 327 Fed Mag, but will probably not be pleased with the end result. Case in point: My youngest son bought a .357 Magnum Ruger LCR, and was adamant about shooting Magnums in it. So I bought one (1) 20-round box of Hornady American Gunner 125 grain JHPs. We went to the range, loaded 5 rounds into the chambers, and he aimed in on the target. He fired exactly one round and was DONE. To show him that his old man still had it, I endeavored to fire the remaining rounds. I managed to touch off three before crying uncle, and the 5th and final round was slipped back into the box. (The remaining rounds were disposed of a couple of weeks ago through an SP101, and while not exactly fun, it was doable)

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I think you made every single decision about this design correctly, and I doubt most here would say that about most new designs.
    I concur.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    .38 spl. +P is about the most I would want to shoot out of these lightweight guns, ever. Keeping costs down and limiting maximum power accordingly was correct.
    +P out of my M37 is painful. 130 grain FMJs are just unpleasant.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

User Tag List