Page 56 of 96 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My first thought is improper installation - a good blow to the side of the sight can kill a vial. (Ask me how I know.) The Springfield revolver crew probably doesn’t see as many dovetailed tritium sights as does the line that builds M&Ps.
    If you change M&P sights you better have good punches to get the factory sights out. Those damn things are like they are welded in, and I hope the revo sights aren't the same way. I've heard they are pressed in on a hydraulic press. I'd believe that...

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    A proper bevel on the cylinder charge holes will be very slight. The goal is not to wallow them out, but just to break the edge so that cartridges find their center. Some people go nuts with it and over machine them.

That said you should be able to pop the ejector star up and see at least a slight bevel on the edge of the cylinder if you look closely.

My 638 produced 10 or so years ago already has a slight bevel on the front edge of the cylinder that isn't there on older guns. It does not have a bevel on the cylinder charge holes. They have a hard 90 degree angle on them.
    Yes, it's very slight and identical to my regular 642. So my issue then is Lipsey's advertising features that come standard as if they're unique to their exclusive.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

The front sight was out on the sample I looked at today at my local dealer. Trigger pretty good. I hope VZ offers high horns that dont cover the backstrap in the future. I will def pick up a .32. Recently shot my 642 PC wnd changed my mind about .38s. It’s like why make it hard on myself! Wish someone,would offer the old 3-D 100gr wadcutter at 700 fps, man I could shoot those in my 337PD no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If there were a high level of attention to this project, we wouldn't be having the current discussions in this thread. It appears that once again, S&W has screwed the pooch. I can't imagine that Lipseys is happy.
    I can certainly say my excitement is... waning. I still want one, but not if it means dealing with some of these reported problems. Maybe waiting for a later batch gun is a good idea.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Yes, it's very slight and identical to my regular 642. So my issue then is Lipsey's advertising features that come standard as if they're unique to their exclusive.
    Not quite.

The front bevel might have been there on the J frames for a while, but a chamfer at the rear on the charge holes certainly is not standard. Assuming that bevel is there, it's a good thing and worthwhile upgrade. I looked at several of my revolvers last night and only the relatively new 638 actually has that bevel on it. The rest don't.

...and that's assuming the bevel on the UC is the same as on my 638, which I can't tell without both of them sitting side by side. It could be a bigger bevel on the UC. Dunno.
    3/15/2016

The bevel on the sample I handled was VERY subtle! Wish The revolver Guys would work on Ruger next!! Dare I say let’s get a Taurus “no view” in .32 and .22 mag.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    The bevel on the sample I handled was VERY subtle! Wish The revolver Guys would work on Ruger next!! Dare I say let’s get a Taurus “no view” in .32 and .22 mag.
    Maybe Ruger will put sights like the UC on an LCR 327. I'd grab one of them. Even better would be the LCR 38/22 frame size in 6 shot 32 H&R magnum with sights. @JEC

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    Maybe Ruger will put sights like the UC on an LCR 327. I'd grab one of them. Even better would be the LCR 38/22 frame size in 6 shot 32 H&R magnum with sights. @JEC
    Name:  IMG_1185.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  74.4 KB

I’d love an alloy framed .32 h&r LCR.

Happy to loan them mine if they want to see how to put good sights on an LCR38.
    Last edited by jandbj; 03-05-2024 at 02:25 PM.

If anyone got a gun with a dead front sight, please email or call me directly and we can do one of three things. I can send you a replacement front sight if you have the ability to change it yourself, I can get you looped in with customer service at S&W or I will be happy to replace the gun from one here at Lipsey's. We would just send you a call tag for yours, and ship a no-charge replacement to your dealer. Everything coming in now from S&W should have the sight issue resolved. I will be personally inspecting the next shipment.

cathellsk,

Not sure what is going on with your gun. The difference in the shroud height is pretty minimal and shouldn't cause that much of a POI disparity. Please contact me and we can just exchange it for you. I am also happy to replace the ammo you shot trying to figure the sights out.

I can reached at cloessner@lipseys.com or 225-751-6110

Quote Originally Posted by JEC View Post
    If anyone got a gun with a dead front sight, please email or call me directly and we can do one of three things. I can send you a replacement front sight if you have the ability to change it yourself, I can get you looped in with customer service at S&W or I will be happy to replace the gun from one here at Lipsey's. We would just send you a call tag for yours, and ship a no-charge replacement to your dealer. Everything coming in now from S&W should have the sight issue resolved. I will be personally inspecting the next shipment.

cathellsk,

Not sure what is going on with your gun. The difference in the shroud height is pretty minimal and shouldn't cause that much of a POI disparity. Please contact me and we can just exchange it for you. I am also happy to replace the ammo you shot trying to figure the sights out.

I can reached at cloessner@lipseys.com or 225-751-6110
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how customer service is done.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List