Page 54 of 96 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Site Supporter
    And if you can handle it in person, make sure the barrel is not clocked. Though it's two piece, they can still put them on crooked as witnessed by my M&P340 that had to go back.
    Adam

Does anyone happen to know the weight of the VZ grips that come with the new UCs? I was surprised by the total 16oz weight and was curious if swapping them out would save an ounce or two. Going for a NPE setup and with the .32 offering I think I will be able to forgo the more "shooter" oriented grips and go for something more minimalist.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    And if you can handle it in person, make sure the barrel is not clocked. Though it's two piece, they can still put them on crooked as witnessed by my M&P340 that had to go back.
    Great. Dead night sights and clocked barrels. Maybe I need to get over it and see if the Brazilians made something similar.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey357 View Post
    XS is supplying the Front Sights, IIRC...
    How old are they that they are DOA?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    How old are they that they are DOA?
    My first thought is improper installation - a good blow to the side of the sight can kill a vial. (Ask me how I know.) The Springfield revolver crew probably doesn’t see as many dovetailed tritium sights as does the line that builds M&Ps.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Seems like one still needs to plan for a trip back to the factory when they purchase a J frame and if it’s not necessary, it’s a bonus…..if nothing else they are at least consistent…..

Quote Originally Posted by leeb10 View Post
    Does anyone happen to know the weight of the VZ grips that come with the new UCs? I was surprised by the total 16oz weight and was curious if swapping them out would save an ounce or two. Going for a NPE setup and with the .32 offering I think I will be able to forgo the more "shooter" oriented grips and go for something more minimalist.
    I need to dig out my notebook but the Hamre J grips were in the ballpark of 1.5 oz lighter than whatever flavor of VZ boot grips I have for the 442. And the UC grips look like they have more material.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

@rhamre

Anxiously awaiting my 432UC form Lipsey’s and a set of your high horn centennial grips. Should be damn near perfect then. And they’ll definitely weigh less than G10.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    @rhamre

Anxiously awaiting my 432UC form Lipsey’s and a set of your high horn centennial grips. Should be damn near perfect then. And they’ll definitely weigh less than G10.
    Well I guess the cat's really out of the bag now

We're working on some high horns.

Enclosed backstrap and open backstrap

And yes.... they're substantially lighter than G10 and wood.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Great. Dead night sights and clocked barrels. Maybe I need to get over it and see if the Brazilians made something similar.
    You'd have to get the hammer bobbed, but at least you know it going in, and we have a company rep here.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List