Page 69 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Because they’re impossible to get, or because it’s a .32?
    I was told both.

I went ahead and got the 442 UC, dead front sight and all. I took JEC up on the reaching out invite for new sight. I compared my front to an XS for my LCR that is same color / style and the 442 UC is just plain defective. The ring is barely visible in daylight compared to my LCR. Plan on shooting it this week. Can’t wait to try the grips. Just dry firing the trigger is ok, sure it will get better with time. My PC 642 has a better trigger but not by much. I am curious if the UC trigger has had any work or if it is result of only new geometry / springs.

I do wish Federal or the like would offer a truly “light” load for the .38. 3-D used to offer a great 100 grain DEWC ( dual end wadcutter ), that was coming out like 725FPS, basically a .32 it was my go to practice round in my old 337 and really comfortable.

Dave

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I went ahead and got the 442 UC, dead front sight and all. I took JEC up on the reaching out invite for new sight. I compared my front to an XS for my LCR that is same color / style and the 442 UC is just plain defective. The ring is barely visible in daylight compared to my LCR. Plan on shooting it this week. Can’t wait to try the grips. Just dry firing the trigger is ok, sure it will get better with time. My PC 642 has a better trigger but not by much. I am curious if the UC trigger has had any work or if it is result of only new geometry / springs.

I do wish Federal or the like would offer a truly “light” load for the .38. 3-D used to offer a great 100 grain DEWC ( dual end wadcutter ), that was coming out like 725FPS, basically a .32 it was my go to practice round in my old 337 and really comfortable.

Dave
    I dont know that there is an issue with the front sight paint. It's a darker green color. The issue is the tritium not glowing in darkness, vial probably broken.

Comparing the UC revolvers vs their close competitors for belt carry

I’m currently in the market for another small frame revolver specifically for belt carry (enigma) so weight is less of a factor. When I am thinking about the guns in this category for belt carry the Kimber k6 with 6 rounds of .38 seems competitive with the 632 UC (6 rounds, real sights, good trigger) and from what I can tell from handling a k6 the size increase seems marginal to the point of not mattering for a lot of body types. For those of you choosing the new UC guns for belt carry over other options in the space what factors sealed the deal for you on the UC guns?

Site Supporter
    My 432 had a bit of a rough ride, but it's here.
    Name:  20240319_125928.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  52.7 KB
    Name:  20240319_125935.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  19.2 KB

Site Supporter
    @JEC what are the chances a 22LR version would be added down the line? Would love a rimfire trainer. Also really hoping the 3" K-Frame happens. But imma need a couple more of these first.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    My 432 had a bit of a rough ride, but it's here.
    Name:  20240319_125928.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  52.7 KB
    Name:  20240319_125935.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  19.2 KB
    Yikes - did it go down on gravel?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Yikes - did it go down on gravel?
    Sorta appears like it. It's not deep, just finish wear. While I'm not impressed, the gun was bought to be used.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    Sorta appears like it. It's not deep, just finish wear. While I'm not impressed, the gun was bought to be used.
    Just Pitina! Some charge extra for that.
    Look forward to your thoughts.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    Just Pitina! Some charge extra for that.
    Look forward to your thoughts.
    I'm looking forward to getting dome time in on it. Going out of town for 5 days so won't be until next week at the earliest. I envision them as training and Enigma guns for me. I don't really see it kicking the 11oz 332 Airlite Ti out of my pocket.

User Tag List