Page 43 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    I think you may have paid like, maybe, 19 bucks for the privilege of being able to report back here with the first paying customer review.

I hope you do that.

These things are getting quite a bit of press. I was talking to one of the old fellas here at the RV resort on Lake Havasu and he had already heard about them. He wants the 38. They might sell out pretty fast, at least the first run.

I will be glad to post a review. We will be home mid march and I hope it will be waiting for me!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4given View Post
    These things are getting quite a bit of press. I was talking to one of the old fellas here at the RV resort on Lake Havasu and he had already heard about them. He wants the 38. They might sell out pretty fast, at least the first run.

I will be glad to post a review. We will be home mid march and I hope it will be waiting for me!
    My dealer's not exactly Cabela's, so you'll probably beat me to the range.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    While I'm really excited to get multiple of these, I'll come out and say I think the sights were a miss. While I'll be happy if the are regulated to the loads most of us will use, I would've been much happier with the same rear sight but with a square notch paired with a pinned HD or ProGlo front.
    Last edited by Up1911Fan; 02-03-2024 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    While I'm really excited to get multiple of these, I'll come out and say I think the sights were a miss. While I'll be happy if the are regulated to the loads most of us will use, I would've been much happier with the same rear sight but with a square notch paired with a pinned HD or OroGlo front.
    No matter what they put on not all will be happy

Buying crap fir a gun I don’t have.

Name:  IMG_4660.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  57.2 KB
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Post 423

I thought I'd already responded to this thread, but apparently it was another thread, maybe in an entirely different forum.

Stephanie B, I'd pretty much done the same thing and bought various .32 caliber loadings. Where I really splurged was I also bought a Ruger LCRX .327 Fed revolver as there's no guarantee I'll be one of the lucky ones to get a 432UC even though one of my FFLs put me on its Lipsey's "wish list". Then again, maybe the only buyers will be from Pistol-Forum.com and Lipsey's will have more inventory than what its market-research estimated. Note, the Ruger is chambered all the way to the longer .327 Fed Mag while the 432UC will be chambered only to the shorter .32 H&R Mag (a bit shorter).

I've got my HKS speed-loader, which doesn't clear the Ruger's grips too well, and a couple of speed-strips. A couple of my J-Frame holsters are already working just fine with the LCR.

I haven't yet gone shooting with the set-up but may get some time later this week. In the snow, I may only get around to going to the grocery store today

Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    I'd pretty much done the same thing and bought various .32 caliber loadings.
    I also ordered four boxes of .32 Long wadcutters from SGAmmo.

I’ve been kicking around which bullets to buy. I’m going to get some of Lost Rivers ammo for carry, so I’ll probably just get some cast wadcutters to make practice loads.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I’ve been kicking around which bullets to buy. I’m going to get some of Lost Rivers ammo for carry, so I’ll probably just get some cast wadcutters to make practice loads.
    Lost River doesn’t sell to my state. The wadcutters should do the job.

Site Supporter
    While I can’t reveal my source I have heard that there are ten times as many orders as there are revolvers in the initial run. You have to wonder how many are being bought as investments as opposed to potential working guns.

User Tag List