Page 49 of 96 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikey357 View Post
    Not Gold Medal Match, but Federal has made a .32 S&W Long 98-grain Wadcutter load in their Champion line in the somewhat-recent past...Product Number is/was C32LA...
    I ended up buying MagTech 98 grain .32 S&W long wadcutters as bulk ammo, hoping they won't be too dirty or lead up the revolver something fierce. I avoided the PPU lead ammo because I've experienced their .38 lead ammo in my Performance Center 686 with hideous leading being the result.

I ordered the Lost River polycoat wadcutters as carry ammo.

If somebody would have told me a couple years ago that I'd be buying 700 rounds of .32 ammo for a wait-listed J frame I'd have said they were on crack.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    The crappy Magtech I mentioned for duds, let loose a smoke screen. Good round for a Napoleonic era line of battle.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Maybe this will get Ruger off their butts, to make a dedicated .32 Mag on the lighter 13.5 oz .38 frame! They need to offer an adjustable novak all black serrated rear and ameriglo glo dot sights!
    Stop torturing me.

Site Supporter
    If we are doing fantasy little guns, a scaled up NAA mini in 32 HR mag. Their last prototype was a flop. There was a bit of an expectation uproar for something exciting at Shot but it was just another 22. Much disappointment in their fan base.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by jeep45238 View Post
    Stop torturing me.
    I was talking to Darryl while he was driving today, and I think he had a dark 32 with the federal load and a light colored one with wadcutters. Guess that is one way to keep different ammo straight!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I was talking to Darryl while he was driving today, and I think he had a dark 32 with the federal load and a light colored one with wadcutters. Guess that is one way to keep different ammo straight!
    It certainly does hit the easy button.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Us news photographers used to do this back in the silver era. Black bodies for B&W, chrome for chromes (color slide film.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

We were informed on Tuesday by our Lipsey’s rep that the guns were shipping (although he did not specify which model…)
    A quick look on Gunbroker shows some are already available.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    We were informed on Tuesday by our Lipsey’s rep that the guns were shipping (although he did not specify which model…)
    A quick look on Gunbroker shows some are already available.
    I heard a batch of the .38's arrived first.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I thought I'd share my wife's first experience shooting my 632 test gun. I brought it, her LCR in 38 Special, and her S&W steel frame 640 38 Special to try side by side. She shot the 32 H&R 632 first with Lost River 100gr. wadcutters and loved it. Next up was the 640 with 130gr FMJ and she liked it ok as the steel frame soaks up the recoil. Lastly, she shot her LCR with the same 130gr ball. Two shots in she handed it back and said sell this one and buy me a 632. She then proceeded to shoot 50 more rounds of Lost River WC's and then a 25 rd box of Hornady Critical Defense through it. She has never been able to shoot that much through a J-frame much less an Airweight. She wanted to shoot more, but I didn't bring anymore ammo. Needless to say her new carry gun will be a 632 with Lost River wadcutters in it.

User Tag List