Page 39 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    Maybe I'm going out on a limb with this assumption, but I am ASSuming that most of the folks asking this like the idea of 327 Fed Mag, but will probably not be pleased with the end result. Case in point: My youngest son bought a .357 Magnum Ruger LCR, and was adamant about shooting Magnums in it. So I bought one (1) 20-round box of Hornady American Gunner 125 grain JHPs. We went to the range, loaded 5 rounds into the chambers, and he aimed in on the target. He fired exactly one round and was DONE. To show him that his old man still had it, I endeavored to fire the remaining rounds. I managed to touch off three before crying uncle, and the 5th and final round was slipped back into the box. (The remaining rounds were disposed of a couple of weeks ago through an SP101, and while not exactly fun, it was doable)

I concur.

+P out of my M37 is painful. 130 grain FMJs are just unpleasant.
    The biggest mistake I made teaching my wife how to shoot was letting her try a lightweight J-frame with standard pressure .38. I did not have previous experience with .38 in such lightweight guns, and was surprised to learn that the recoil was actually worse than the .45 we were simultaneously shooting. It took me years to teach her to undo the resulting flinch. It is one reason I recoil so much at the thought of recommending lightweight .38 revolvers to new female shooters.

Once at a S&W event, I tried a scandium J-frame with .357. The first round drove the cylinder latch into my thumb, drawing blood. I was able to fire the next 4 into a wide shotgun pattern into the target. I had no desire to ever do that again.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I think you made every single decision about this design correctly, and I doubt most here would say that about most new designs.
    Circling back to this.

I know that most people are not me, and I try to bear that in mind when I contemplate these things.

My personal preference is for an exposed, spurless DAO hammer. But the Centennial frame is the right choice for the vast majority out there.

For me, covered backstrap grips are usually a no-go, as I have small hands and they tend to increase trigger reach unacceptably. But again, the vast majority out there are not me, and these VZ grips are going to be better for most of the users out there. Heck, the factory rubber grip on my snub 856 surprisingly works pretty well for me, so I definitely want to try these out!
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    It's a new day at S&W and indications are that will fade into a bad memory except where required.
    Every time you post another nugget in this thread, God resurrects a kitten. Just saying.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I've said this before but a 327 out of my stainless 3 inch SW 632 has quite a kick. The first time, my grip wasn't solid enough and it slapped my palm for an ouch. After that with a firm grip it was manageable but not a 50 round practice ammo. It's loaded with the stuff for a woods walk but if shooting it at a range, SW Longs and a few 32 HRs.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Then do K-frames.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Patience...but save up your money.
    A 2" M64 on a diet (with a pined front sight): The 612

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    A 2" M64 on a diet (with a pined front sight): The 612
    Like a scandium diet? What about 2.5” with full shroud on the ejector rod?
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Like a scandium diet? What about 2.5” with full shroud on the ejector rod?
    Hmmm....
    All that would be good also, but maybe a simple 2" six shot gun with an inexpensive aluminum frame. Maybe with the shrouded rod but with the detent ball, so it gets a longer rod. Priced more in line with the 442, Point & Click for the masses.
    Maybe I am just thinking about my 2" M64. Maybe I am remembering the 2" M10, I think that was the gun my dad borrowed when I expressed interest in shooting (he did a bunch when he was younger, and got back into it when I wanted to shoot).

ETA: Maybe two price points - 2" in aluminum, 2.5" in Scandium.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    From your lips to God's ears. Then do K-frames.

Okie John
    If there are plans for new K-Frames, I hope S&W goes back to a cylinder-mounted gas ring. I don't like how the 66-8 has a yoke-mounted gas ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Wooosh View Post
    If there are plans for new K-Frames, I hope S&W goes back to a cylinder-mounted gas ring. I don't like how the 66-8 has a yoke-mounted gas ring.
    Why is that ?

Hope ya missed us, We're BACK

Its D Bolke and BrYan E here. We assisted Lipsey's with the launch at SHOT and had an absolutely fantastic time. Lipsey's is the Best company we have ever worked with hands down. Jason and his crew worked hard to get this one up and running and brought us in to do some final detail stuff and certify the ammo/sights and take some input on the stocks and cosmetics. BrYan actually fully disassembled the prototype in the office to look over the engineering changes and QC. Bryan was soundly impressed with the mechanical upgrades. DB and BrYan The 32 is a smash hit. If you haven't heard P#treon de-platformed us recently so we are moving our content to www.americanfightingrevolver.com

It's a new day with S&W and the Lipsey's team. I can tell you they are listening to end users like very few company's do. The right people in the right places at the right time is going to have a downstream effect to the end users that will be nothing but positive. More to follow on the Lipsey's project coming up soon.

User Tag List