Page 47 of 96 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    It's for the snake behind the snake.
    What he said.

For part of the year, I plan to carry my .32 with the first two chambers loaded with snake shot so this has appeal to me.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    My local shop put in on January 26th and shows the status in the Lipseys system as "allocated".

Which I guess means they're coming when they start shipping.
    3/15/2016

Had a chance to shoot all four of them yesterday. I'm thinking you all will be happy with them.

DoubleTap's new snake load is certainly interesting. It's worth grabbing, but like you would with any shotshell, shoot it & see how it performs.

I had popped into my LGS last Friday to quickly check zero on my RMR'd G19 after a battery change and I found out that the owner is selling the range/store to a new guy. I'm hoping the new owner is as good as the old one, and that my request for them to try and source me a 442 UC hasn't been forgotten. I stopped in today, and they had a bunch of new inventory items brought in, some of which look exciting, but the new owner wasn't there this time for me to try and chat him up. I may pop in tomorrow and see if I can catch either the new or old owner, and verify they are still trying to snag one for me. The new owner seemed interested in being helpful, and asked about what gun I was hoping to get my hands on. He seemed aware of the UC revolvers when I explained what I was after.

As an aside, and totally off topic, but I thought 2 years was pushing it, and I finally caved on changing the battery in my most carried/shot RMR/Glock. The Duracell still had plenty of juice to get full brightness out of the optic, and hadn't caused any issues at all. Gun is a 19MOS, using a Forward Controls plate to mount the RM06. Zero was off by about 1.5 inches high and right @25 yards, still keeping most rounds inside the black of a B8. A couple clicks down and left, then 20 rounds to verify, and I'm back to business.

@GJM have you used the CCI snake shot .38 loads much on rattlers? IME you've got to be pretty close to be effective with them. The #9 shot works... the "big four" stuff sucks in .38, not enough pattern density. Not sure if the #4 stuff works better from the larger calibers, but it might. The pattern of that .32 load looks pretty decent!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I probably jinxed myself by buying .32 cartridges.
    It won't make you feel any better but I did a similar thing buying a large quantity of 7.62 precision ammo for a LaRue PredatOBR in 2012. After many delays and the final design not being what I thought it would be, LT refunded my deposit in 2014. When I did acquire several big-bore ARs, they were in 6.5CM.

I still have that 7.62 ammo...somewhere.

-Rainman

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    Had a chance to shoot all four of them yesterday. I'm thinking you all will be happy with them.

DoubleTap's new snake load is certainly interesting. It's worth grabbing, but like you would with any shotshell, shoot it & see how it performs.
    I think in one of the videos up thread, someone said the UC’s have the best small frame revolver trigger on the market (paraphrased). How would you describe the trigger?

Because if the trigger is not better than a stock J frame with a spring kit I see no reason to purchase one because at this point I’m only interested in 38.

And I am in the market for another small frame. (Likely get the M&P that is 2.5 oz lighter)

Thanks

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    I think in one of the videos up thread, someone said the UC’s have the best small frame revolver trigger on the market (paraphrased). How would you describe the trigger?

Because if the trigger is not better than a stock J frame with a spring kit I see no reason to purchase one because at this point I’m only interested in 38.

And I am in the market for another small frame. (Likely get the M&P that is 2.5 oz lighter)

Thanks
    I'm in for a better trigger and real sight's with a 38 for ammo availability, strictly a pocket carry.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post

Thanks
    I didn't watch the videos because I handled the guns at SHOT and again this week. If your heart is set on the lighter .38Spl M&P, then go buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I had popped into my LGS last Friday to quickly check zero on my RMR'd G19 after a battery change and I found out that the owner is selling the range/store to a new guy. I'm hoping the new owner is as good as the old one, and that my request for them to try and source me a 442 UC hasn't been forgotten. I stopped in today, and they had a bunch of new inventory items brought in, some of which look exciting, but the new owner wasn't there this time for me to try and chat him up. I may pop in tomorrow and see if I can catch either the new or old owner, and verify they are still trying to snag one for me. The new owner seemed interested in being helpful, and asked about what gun I was hoping to get my hands on. He seemed aware of the UC revolvers when I explained what I was after.

As an aside, and totally off topic, but I thought 2 years was pushing it, and I finally caved on changing the battery in my most carried/shot RMR/Glock. The Duracell still had plenty of juice to get full brightness out of the optic, and hadn't caused any issues at all. Gun is a 19MOS, using a Forward Controls plate to mount the RM06. Zero was off by about 1.5 inches high and right @25 yards, still keeping most rounds inside the black of a B8. A couple clicks down and left, then 20 rounds to verify, and I'm back to business.

@GJM have you used the CCI snake shot .38 loads much on rattlers? IME you've got to be pretty close to be effective with them. The #9 shot works... the "big four" stuff sucks in .38, not enough pattern density. Not sure if the #4 stuff works better from the larger calibers, but it might. The pattern of that .32 load looks pretty decent!
    No experience with the shot on rattlers. 9mm has worked fine, though.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    What ammo were you and the other attendees shooting through the .38s? Very curious as to how the new grips help manage recoil.

User Tag List