Page 14 of 96 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by JWintergreen View Post
    These revolvers have a lot of great features. I really like the looks of the VZ grips that work with speedloaders. I'm also looking foward to hearing how these triggers feel out of the box.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the move away from 158 grain sight regulation. The 125 grain .38 loads that are on the market are very underwhelming, and the 135 grain Speer short barrel load has been very hard to come by for a long time now. The 158 grain loadings from Buffalo Bore are pricey, but they seem to be more consistently available. I'm happy to hear the sights should be close with 148 grain wadcutters though.
    Just two quick thoughts. One, in my sample size of one LCR, I’ve found the Gold Dots to hit to the same POI as 148gr. wadcutters, so this should hopefully be good to go for those. Two, while I have no idea if it performs as well in gelatin, I have found the easier to find Winchester PDX1/Defender 135gr. +P to have similar POI and recoil compared to the Speer and have that as a backup to it.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    The 317 would be most welcome in my world.

I read a Brian Pearce article about the flat-top Ruger Blackhawks in 45 Colt that Lipseys sponsored a while ago. Per Mr. Pearce, Lipsey's insisted that Ruger get certain things absolutely correct on those guns, starting with the cylinder throats. Maybe major buyers like Lipsey's will become the mechanism that gets major manufacturers building what people want and improving QC across the board.

Now that new Remington Model 700s come with 5R barrels and Timney triggers, maybe there's hope.

Okie John
    I have one of those Lipseys .45 Colt Flattops.

I added a few custom touches to it like putting on the Bisley hammer, but never had to fiddle with the .45 Colt throats.

It is an amazing shooting revolver. This is 5 rounds of 270 grain wide nose Keith SWCs at 20 yards.

Hands down, it is my favorite single action revolver.

One to fourteen pages in 24 hours, this thing has blown up (on) Pistol Forum.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I have one of those Lipseys .45 Colt Flattops.

I added a few custom touches to it like putting on the Bisley hammer, but never had to fiddle with the .45 Colt throats.

It is an amazing shooting revolver. This is 5 rounds of 270 grain wide nose Keith SWCs at 20 yards.

Hands down, it is my favorite single action revolver.

Looks like a Belt Mountain base pin, too.

When do we get to see pictures of the jackrabbits that gave their lives to make the 32 ammo viable?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Forgive my ignorance but can you preorder these collaboration guns through lipseys or is it a local dealer thing?

Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post
    Can the Texas Rangers repeat?

I’ve waited 52 years to say that!

I can’t really think of anything on my wish list. Ruger brings back the Security Six maybe?
    I waited 43 years to hear that question. My sports life is complete.

I'd love a blued Speed Six with a 3" barrel. Unfortunately those command more than I think they are worth. But could they do a crossover of the Six-Line and the GP100?

Anyways, I'm down for a 432. I have dies projectiles, and I think some brass.
    Last edited by Brian T; 01-21-2024 at 05:11 PM.

Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    The front sight is .140" wide, so that makes it the XS Small Dot not the Big Dot. That size front sight paired with the U Notch .160" wide rear will be an excellent sight picture and really fast as well as acceptably accurate. The Big Dot is .190" wide.

I'm probably going to get a .32.
    I just ordered some 32 brass and bullets. I already have dies.

Site Supporter
    Probably devalues my old 432 with fixed sight. Not worth trading for new sights, IMHO. However, my 632 3 inch, hammered, comp'ed gun with a fiber optic front and adjustable rear with white U on black is stiill in the game. Maybe new interest in the 32s (it's a 327 BTW) will kick up its value for my heirs.

The 432 is a great pocket gun, IMHO.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Looks like a Belt Mountain base pin, too.

When do we get to see pictures of the jackrabbits that gave their lives to make the 32 ammo viable?

Okie John

Ha!

I keep trying to break away!

Going to have to set aside time very soon.

And hope a few Jacks are willing to cooperate!

User Tag List