Page 79 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

@Greg Bell

That was me, however, things change.

Coming off the LG-405s, the new 432UC grips definitely pointed higher. I felt I was using a high grip with the LGs. I was not, as this is an example of one's definition can be different than another's. After some dry fire, and presentations, the VZ grips let me get higher, and present the sights flat. I have since swapped back the VZs.
    Taking a break from social media.

Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    How was recoil with the PMC? Manageable, pleasant, somewhere in between? Really curious about how the grip distributes recoil in an Airweight .38.
    Felt recoil is so much about hand shape and grip shape, and how they work together

A set of grips that works well for one person may be very uncomfortable for another

Usually with a revolver, especially J frame size, one has a box of grips they have tried

I run 405s on my main J. And I have found anything above wadcutters is painful without the 405s

I do practice with a padded glove (my J’s are scandium)

If I bought a UC, I would put 405s on it right away as I believe they are the best combination of conceal-ability and shoot-ability if one wants a laser.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    Felt recoil is so much about hand shape and grip shape, and how they work together

A set of grips that works well for one person may be very uncomfortable for another

Usually with a revolver, especially J frame size, one has a box of grips they have tried

I run 405s on my main J. And I have found anything above wadcutters is painful without the 405s

I do practice with a padded glove (my J’s are scandium)

If I bought a UC, I would put 405s on it right away as I believe they are the best combination of conceal-ability and shoot-ability if one wants a laser.
    This is so true... I love everything about 405's (thinness for concealment, plastic sides that don't grab pockets, cushioned backstrap, reliable laser) but that thinness translates to pain in my trigger finger when I pull the trigger. It's more of a severe discomfort than pain and I'd never notice it in a defensive situation but it's a real thing for me. All I need to cure it is a thicker grip and I've even built up a small pad on the grip under my trigger finger before. Now I just use the old Uncle Mike's boot grips.

Another satisfied customer

A big shout out to Jason at Lipsey's.

My 642 arrived with the dreaded almost dead sight. My email to him was answered in about two hours with a confirmation that a replacement was being mailed to me.
    I received it three days later.

While it was disappointing to discover my unit was less than 100% out of the box, I can't adequately express my appreciation for the communication and outcome.

Thank you Jason.

Kelley

Has anyone had light strikes at all with the .38 442? I recall someone here having an issue with their 32 UC

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    This is so true... I love everything about 405's (thinness for concealment, plastic sides that don't grab pockets, cushioned backstrap, reliable laser) but that thinness translates to pain in my trigger finger when I pull the trigger. It's more of a severe discomfort than pain and I'd never notice it in a defensive situation but it's a real thing for me. All I need to cure it is a thicker grip and I've even built up a small pad on the grip under my trigger finger before. Now I just use the old Uncle Mike's boot grips.
    Can someone elaborate on "405s" please? I recently got a 640 Pro and have been hunting for a grip for it in the absence of availability of those high horn grips from VZ or perhaps Hamre.

I suspect I would like the high horn style since it frankly is most like the LCR.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Wood View Post
    Can someone elaborate on "405s" please? I recently got a 640 Pro and have been hunting for a grip for it in the absence of availability of those high horn grips from VZ or perhaps Hamre.

I suspect I would like the high horn style since it frankly is most like the LCR.
    https://www.crimsontrace.com/product...p/01-1680.html
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Thanks! I didn't know it by name but I had seen them before and have been looking around a bit for them; they seem hard to find at the moment?

EDIT: hard to find new, that is.

I haven't seen 405s in a while. Are they discontinued or are we just between runs?

https://www.crimsontrace.com/product...p/01-1680.html

Post 788,
    CT's website shows out-of-stock for the LG-405.
    Whether or when it'll return is anyone's guess, surely not known by me (I've had no Crimson Trace experience to date, btw).

User Tag List