Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Site Supporter
    I've wondered what the 32 capacity would be on the standard guns. I know Ruger makes (or made) a GP-100 (so L frame-ish) with a 7 round capacity. I wonder if chambering them in 32 H&R instead of 327 would allow an additional round in some of the guns that were right on the edge where going that thin between the edge of the cylinder or between them would be too much for a high pressure round like 327 fed mag.

The most interesting 32 caliber revolver I've ever seen was a custom Smith N frame that was re-barreled and had a custom cylinder installed for ICORE open class. It could fit 10 rounds of 32 and was cut for moonclips. If I had the equipment and know-how to do a project like that, I'd be tempted.

The Ruger single-seven I had was 7 rounds of .327. Only germane, because, that gun fit K-frame holsters like they were made for it. Same size cylinder. Just another data point.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

In response to a brief range report, @JEC wanted to send a care package to my son. I had reached out to to him with ship to, and within 45 minutes had a reply. It was not a form / canned email, but a personalized, thoughtful message.

This was on a Tuesday, and it looks as though on Thursday the care package arrived. The simple act of sending a gift meant alot. I thought perhaps my son may receive a hat and some stickers. Lipsey's does it right.

Yes, we both recieved a hat and stickers, but 4 Koozies, 2 range journals, 4 silicone gun cloths, lanyard, thermos (claimed by my wife), patches, all in the best looking sling bag I have seen (claimed by my son). The picture doesn't do the bag justice. Also enclosed was a personalized, hand written note from Jason. My entire family is impressed with Lipsey's (Jason), and how they treat the end users. Many a company could take a master class in customer relations from them.

Many thanks, from my family to yours.

Name:  20240329_193014.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  38.6 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

442UC front sight

Just wanted to say thankyou to JEC and Lipsey’s. My 442 UC had a dead sight and friend told me about the post here by JEC. I contacted him via email and the very next day received a phone call with options to make it right. Lipsey’s had my gun shipped to them, replaced the sight, and had it back to me quickly. I’ve used customer service from other gun companies and most often they have been very good, but Lipsey’s was outstanding! I will definitely purchase Lipsey’s guns again.

That's a class act right there.

Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    In response to a brief range report, @JEC wanted to send a care package to my son. I had reached out to to him with ship to, and within 45 minutes had a reply. It was not a form / canned email, but a personalized, thoughtful message.

This was on a Tuesday, and it looks as though on Thursday the care package arrived. The simple act of sending a gift meant alot. I thought perhaps my son may receive a hat and some stickers. Lipsey's does it right.

Yes, we both recieved a hat and stickers, but 4 Koozies, 2 range journals, 4 silicone gun cloths, lanyard, thermos (claimed by my wife), patches, all in the best looking sling bag I have seen (claimed by my son). The picture doesn't do the bag justice. Also enclosed was a personalized, hand written note from Jason. My entire family is impressed with Lipsey's (Jason), and how they treat the end users. Many a company could take a master class in customer relations from them.

Many thanks, from my family to yours.

Name:  20240329_193014.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  38.6 KB

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Are there any larger frame new Smiths on the horizon? Ie, .357 Magnum

I wish they'd do another 625.

Picked mine up today. Took it to the range and shot some PMC 132 through it just to get a feel for it.

IMG_9389 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

IMG_9390 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

I shot them both at 10 yards and my old M&P (Scandium .357) shot dead POA/POI at 10 yards and the Ultimate J shot a bit higher. This was consistent throughout my shooting. I noticed someone else felt that the VZ presented high. I will swap in some laser grips and see if it changes.

IMG_9391 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

I actually didn't care for the grips but I am used to the soft boot grip of the Laser Grip on my j-frames.

Let me say, the trigger is much better on the Ultimate J. It feels like my well-broken in old 442 right out of the box.

I also love the sights on this thing. This is the way they should be. The glow in the dark band around the tritium is really impressive and useful. I will say that the sights are high enough that you might find your old nylon pocket posters a bit too small. I noticed my old sticky holster was getting pulled out by the rear sight.

IMG_9383 by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Build quality is great, and there were no problems. I will keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Picked mine up today. Took it to the range and shot some PMC 132 through it just to get a feel for it.

Let me say, the trigger is much better on the Ultimate J. It feels like my well-broken in old 442 right out of the box.

I also love the sights on this thing. This is the way they should be. The glow in the dark band around the tritium is really impressive and useful. I will say that the sights are high enough that you might find your old nylon pocket posters a bit too small. I noticed my old sticky holster was getting pulled out by the rear sight.

Build quality is great, and there were no problems. I will keep you posted.
    How was recoil with the PMC? Manageable, pleasant, somewhere in between? Really curious about how the grip distributes recoil in an Airweight .38.

Pocket holster compatibility

Of my three go to J Frame pocket holsters, an old school handmade Alessi; a DeSantis; and an A Holster, the only one that’s GTG with the Ultimate Carry is the A Holster. The other two are no go due to the rear sight assembly catching big time on the rear sight channel of the holster.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Quote Originally Posted by CarloMNL View Post
    How was recoil with the PMC? Manageable, pleasant, somewhere in between? Really curious about how the grip distributes recoil in an Airweight .38.
    The recoil is fine. But I personally found the grips to be a bit painful at the webbing of my hand. This could completely be my technique or my typical setup of laser grips which have a rubber pad in that area. I am going to switch to laser grips on this gun and probably load this gun with 135 grain Gold dots if I can ever find them.

User Tag List