Page 66 of 96 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Flat Top Front Sights Rule.

It is hard to get a reliable sight picture for elevation , in varying light conditions With round top front sights.

They slow me down if I need precision.
    Same , I cant shoot a X dot sight worth a crap .

The front sights seems to be .200, why not this as a replacement?

https://dawsonprecision.com/sight-fo...son-precision/
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Thanks.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  79.4 KB

2 old 642’s and a fresh 642-UC……….that UC is as Wayne Dobbs said “slick as snot on a door knob” ! THANK YOU Jason , DB and BrYan. Well thought out and produced. I have 2 more coming……….CYA Mike
    The Thin Blue Line is TOO Thin........Thug Life Must End

Has anyone quantified the trigger pull weight of this Sentinel-adjacent?

I decided against a ten hour drive to buy a wheel gun, but was able to get a good price from a different (semi) local shop, and put a deposit down on a 442 today. This is a little bigger shop that does a fair volume. They will be reaching out to their rep in the morning and try to get one coming or get one on the wish list. Hopefully they can come through for me. They said I was the first customer that had asked for one of these, which surprised me a bit.

I will probably buy a .32 version eventually. Especially if someone can talk Safariland into making .32 Comp I's.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    Discussions of revolver trigger pulls remind me of wine reviews...

"It has a bold feel, with a sense of oak with light break that hints of cheese rind."

Quote Originally Posted by Jaywalker View Post
    Subjectively, it's similar to an LCR. I haven't compared them side by side, though. I also haven't seen anyone put a trigger pull gauge to both.

The new frame also incorporated bearing surfaces, or bushings, for the sides of the hammer and trigger, to keep them from being in direct contact with the side of the frame. These bushings help to decrease friction and enhance the quality of the gun’s trigger pull, which is also aided by a mainspring and rebound slide spring that were engineered to provide a lighter pull weight.
    https://revolverguy.com/the-lipseys-...frames-part-i/

This is the most comprehensive explanation of the changes I've seen so far. It does make a difference.

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    I am extremely interested in your upcoming comparo with your 340. I have a 340 with Crimson Trace green lasergrips. I'm told by a friend (with far more j-frame experience than I), that my 340 has one of the best S&W/OEM triggers he's ever felt. Having said all that, this S&W/Lipsey collaboration has me drooling.

Please update!
    The trigger on my 340 is very good for a j frame and in my opinion, trigger work is not needed. That being said, the UC trigger is better.

The initial pull is about the same, but at about halfway through the stroke the 340 requires steady pressure and the UC resistance seems to decrease.

User Tag List