Page 52 of 96 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by L-2 View Post
    Regarding a prior post, I don't have a resentment toward S&W, but disappointed it took Lipsey's to get the concept accomplished, rather than S&W being able to do it themselves. I think S&W should have known its market better and come out with these revolvers on its own.
    I suspect that it was a matter of Lipsey's being more willing to do experimental/limited runs of stuff. Somebody mentioned a long time ago that S&W would make whatever a distributor wanted as long as they could meet the minimum production requirements.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I picked up my 442UC not long ago. It was all my dealer could get from Lipseys. Trigger is smoothing up nicely with dry fire. Love the grips and sights.

I’m seeing lots of pics on Facebook of stainless models with a mix of black and stainless parts. One had the all black parts, one had stainless screws but black cylinder release, and yet another that had the stainless release and screws. All had the black ejector though. Personally I like the traditional all stainless parts and hope my 632 is one of those with them. If not they are easily replaced.

Name:  IMG_2717.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  70.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_2718.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  71.8 KB
    “When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JEC View Post
    We are still on schedule to receive guns throughout March/April as originally planned.
    Good to hear,
    Looking forward to my notification!

I put feelers out to a couple other local dealers trying to drum up a 442... nothing solid yet. I'd probably take a 642 if I could put hands on one for a decent price. The report of mish-mash blued/stainless parts on 642's is concerning. Not that the parts are different quality, but it almost sounds like a mad rush to get them out the door.

Seeing some places as high as $950 online... which is scandium .357 territory. Those folks are smoking crack.

I know the grips probably cover it, but are the butts of the frames of these guns cut for lanyards like some of the scandium .357's are?

These Lipsey's J's look like the ticket, been looking for one a while now and this finally checks all the boxes for me. Question is, when can we get one? Wikiarms shows them all out of stock...

In hand…

I got to the shop early today to find two UCs waiting for me in the safe. One was a 442-UC and the other a 642-UC. The 442-UC had been promised to a very regular customer who, besides being a former ‘70/‘80 real deal Army Ranger is a very accomplished tactical pistol instructor/ shooter, had prior to the announcement of these pistols was looking to grab a PERFORMANCE CENTER PRO SERIES 442 w/ MOON CLIP.
    He held out for a bit and grabbed the 442-UC this afternoon. He was thrilled. We found the VZ grips hand filling (we both have M/ML hands and extremely comfortable. Certainly more comfortable in my hands compared to the current VZ J Frame grips which are much thinner all around. The pistol pointed very straight with the XS high visibility sights coming right on target. Trigger on the 442-UC was smooth and consistent and felt a lot like my 342Ti with an Apex kit, but maybe a bit lighter(?). Fit and finish was excellent and he (and I) were very much impressed.
    I did mention that a 642-UC had also come in, right? That one’s going to be mine- but the gun shop was so incredibly busy today that I was lucky enough to just snap some iPhone pictures. I go hands on maybe tomorrow afternoon if I can, otherwise next week.
    I did not remove any grips but I doubt the butt is cut and contoured for the lanyard pin. My 642-UC has a stainless cylinder release and that doesn’t bother me a bit.
    I’m told that the 432-UC and the 632-UC will be following soon. Pictures to follow once they download to my iPad.
    Attached Images Attached Images         
    Last edited by Det1397; 03-01-2024 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    I did not remove any grips but I doubt the butt is cut and contoured for the lanyard pin.
    Thanks for that. I started thinking about it more, and remembered seeing a picture of the butt of the gun in the Lipseys announcement:

Not cut, I think, based on that. Not a deal killer for me, but for certain uses, I've thought that could be a handy feature if I ever bought a scandium .357.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I know the grips probably cover it, but are the butts of the frames of these guns cut for lanyards like some of the scandium .357's are?
    I had my grips off…standard 442 frame, no lanyard.
    “When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today.”

Site Supporter
    Has anyone put one of these on a trigger pull gauge?

Nice looking guns.

Site Supporter
    The practical side of me doesn't care if it's a 632/432, but seeing the photos, those 432/442's are aesthetically the winners to my eye.

I'm going to do by best to resist the .38, but have a feeling I'll be on the range with a fellow snubbie fan to compare directly to the .38 LCR with the goodies on the internals.

My wallet hopes that the current 642/442UC doesn't outclass the .38 LCR....but going off memory, it's hard to confirm.

User Tag List