Page 36 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Site Supporter
    The sights will absolutely make a difference for anyone trying to use them under a wide variety of lighting conditions. Almost any sights can work on a range with good lighting. In poor light with varying backgrounds, the better sights become more important.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    The sights on the 442/642 are almost unusable for these old eyes. The UC sights look great and the ability to adjust them is perfect. I find that different kinds and weights of ammo hit to a different point of impact. Plus the way different people interact with the grip and sights makes a difference.

I hope the S&W 43c UC is next.
    I would not be surprised to see XS Sight Systems offer other blades for these guns, especially if there's ever a 22 LR variant. I'd like a flat-topped post with the same big dot, but that's just me--and I fully admit that I'm taking this thing away from its intended role.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    I would not be surprised to see XS Sight Systems offer other blades for these guns, especially if there's ever a 22 LR variant. I'd like a flat-topped post with the same big dot, but that's just me--and I fully admit that I'm taking this thing away from its intended role.

Okie John
    Since it is a pinned front sight, doesn't that open it up to XS and other makers' replacement front sight blades?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Since it is a pinned front sight, doesn't that open it up to XS and other makers' replacement front sight blades?
    One would think. Possibly some home-grown blacksmithing as well.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

One would think. Possibly some home-grown blacksmithing as well.

Okie John
    I’m sure at least one of us will invariably fit an Ameriglo Taurus 856 sight into one.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    I get what you're saying. It's just that what ever I'm doing the driving factor is always trying to do it better and make it better. It's just the way I'm wired and it's hard for me to comprehend how a business cannot operate with a similar foundational principle.

However it seems the driving factor for a lot of business is just trying to make more money vs making their product better. That's just a real hurdle for me.
    Bolded part is exactly right. Outside of passion projects, which no large company is, companies exist to make money. Making widgets is just how they make money. A better widget that makes less money is not a better widget. Shareholder return is how execs make their bonuses, not if your group size is marginally better thanks to widget 2.0. People do what they are rewarded for most often, so they are doing what they do better and better.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

I predict 30-40% of the UC J-Frames will end up in the hands of S&W Collectors and get buried in a safe to never appear again.

For every P-Fer that buys 1 or 2 of these - 10 will never get shot more than 50-rounds.

The guys that buy them will stick their LCP back in their pocket, because it's flatter and easier to carry.

___

Personally, I'm just hoping these last long enough for me to get out of this shithole state I'm in and get back to a place where I can buy a fucking handgun again.

These are the D&L sights on a .38 of mine. Seems like there could be a market offering front and rear sights for the Lipsey's revolvers.

Name:  IMG_6840.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  85.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I predict 30-40% of the UC J-Frames will end up in the hands of S&W Collectors and get buried in a safe to never appear again.

For every P-Fer that buys 1 or 2 of these - 10 will never get shot more than 50-rounds.
    This.

But if people keep buying them, then S&W will keep building them.

Okie John

Site Supporter
    This.

But if people keep buying them, then S&W will keep building them.

Okie John
    I believe that S&W, seeing the overwhelming SHOT release reaction, has indicated they're going to make at least some of these a standard SKU.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

User Tag List