Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    I’ve been following this thread, but after 81 pages, can’t recall what the purpose of the UC revolver is for folks here. Primary, ankle holster, or just riding along in the pants pocket? I usually carry a 642 under my left leg while driving, but have another revolver in an OWB holster.

It’s been two weeks since my last purchase, so help a guy out. 😁
    Same purpose as any other Jframe. The .32 UC”s just have better sights, better stocks, less recoil, and an extra round.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

I guess I was surprised that so many people were excited about a new manufactured S&W revolver. The UC does get rid of what Stephanie called the “stoma” ILS, and the improved sights seem nice. My J frames have dwindled to a 642 and a M60 no dash. The M60 is a p,erasure to shoot with +P, and the 642 is snappy but manageable.

While the Colt King Cobra Carry was a fine revolver, it was too large compared to a J frame. That doesn’t mean I don’t carry a 2.5” 686+ in my pants pocket, but I’m getting a lot more firepower. Having said all that, I found a 642 UC for $699.

Site Supporter
    I guess I was surprised that so many people were excited about a new manufactured S&W revolver. The UC does get rid of what Stephanie called the “stoma” ILS, and the improved sights seem nice. My J frames have dwindled to a 642 and a M60 no dash. The M60 is a p,erasure to shoot with +P, and the 642 is snappy but manageable.

While the Colt King Cobra Carry was a fine revolver, it was too large compared to a J frame. That doesn’t mean I don’t carry a 2.5” 686+ in my pants pocket, but I’m getting a lot more firepower. Having said all that, I found a 642 UC for $699.
    At least with the current market you won’t have a problem selling it if you buy it and don’t like it. Heck I might even take it off your hands…

Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    At least with the current market you won’t have a problem selling it if you buy it and don’t like it. Heck I might even take it off your hands…
    I never sell my firearms…lol!

Site Supporter
    I never sell my firearms…lol!
    If that was the case I wouldn’t be considering buying a IWB for a 6” Model 19…

I guess I was surprised that so many people were excited about a new manufactured S&W revolver. The UC does get rid of what Stephanie called the “stoma” ILS, and the improved sights seem nice.
    I think it was just a convergence of events. Seems like the market was pretty stale for new S&W J frames, then one comes out with all these little features people have been asking for - as well as some surprises like the reworked trigger. In an interesting, underserved caliber! It's just a huge, kind of surprising step in the right direction for S&W. It's also been hinted at that this is just the start for new Smiths developed with this mindset, so I think it's exciting if they keep this up.

Quote Originally Posted by Wood View Post
    I think it was just a convergence of events. Seems like the market was pretty stale for new S&W J frames, then one comes out with all these little features people have been asking for - as well as some surprises like the reworked trigger. In an interesting, underserved caliber! It's just a huge, kind of surprising step in the right direction for S&W. It's also been hinted at that this is just the start for new Smiths developed with this mindset, so I think it's exciting if they keep this up.

Per above. JEC and crew listened to what the consumer wanted, instead of reprinting old news. Turns out that everyone is happy with the effort. How about that?

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Picked up my 432 from the FFL today (it was, in fact, a 432), then got home in time to get my shipment of Lost River ammo.

The tritium sight is bright, and the green ring around it glows extremely bright when exposed to sunlight. The trigger seems to be on par with other J frames I've handled in my admittedly limited experience.

My hands interface with the grips pretty well, with the ridge between the finger grooves falling close to, but not perfectly in the gap between my ring and middle finger. I can see what others mean by the gun pointing high. Since I'm shooting Glocks almost exclusively right now it's only slightly high for me, but I do have to break my wrists down just a little bit more than I have to for my G19. I don't think this will be a huge deal while shooting, but would probably be more noticeable if I was shooting something other than a Glock.

Overall I'm impressed so far, and hoping that I continue to be once I get it out for live fire this weekend.

I had e-mailed Aholster this weekend to see if they are going to make a .32-specific holster, or if I will be stuck with the Backbone holster to align with the cylinder flutes. Have not heard back, and will probably give them a call tomorrow if I don't get an e-mail response today.

Name:  432.jpg
Views: 235
Size:  60.4 KB

I’ve been following this thread, but after 81 pages, can’t recall what the purpose of the UC revolver is for folks here. Primary, ankle holster, or just riding along in the pants pocket? I usually carry a 642 under my left leg while driving, but have another revolver in an OWB holster.

It’s been two weeks since my last purchase, so help a guy out. 😁
    I pretty much only roll with a snub and, despite being halfway between my third and fourth decades, am fairly recoil sensitive due to some old injuries. So a .32 makes a lot of sense.

I already have LCRs in three chamberings, but if I should find one of these in stock… my wife won’t be happy.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter

I look forward to your thoughts after some range time, seems there's a lot more feedback on the 32's. I'm in a holding pattern for a 642 / 442 UC, 3 LGS's had a total of 4 boxes of Critical Defense 32's, and a couple boxes of FMJ, I buy 148 gr WC on line but a least I can readily pick up 130 - 158 gr 38's locally.

User Tag List