Page 58 of 96 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by JEC View Post
    If anyone got a gun with a dead front sight, please email or call me directly and we can do one of three things. I can send you a replacement front sight if you have the ability to change it yourself, I can get you looped in with customer service at S&W or I will be happy to replace the gun from one here at Lipsey's. We would just send you a call tag for yours, and ship a no-charge replacement to your dealer. Everything coming in now from S&W should have the sight issue resolved. I will be personally inspecting the next shipment.

cathellsk,

Not sure what is going on with your gun. The difference in the shroud height is pretty minimal and shouldn't cause that much of a POI disparity. Please contact me and we can just exchange it for you. I am also happy to replace the ammo you shot trying to figure the sights out.

I can reached at cloessner@lipseys.com or 225-751-6110
    That is how business should be done! I still have doubts about manufacturers, but none whatsoever about Lipsey's.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    I’m still pretty pissed as I’m writing this.

It’s bad enough before even the first shot I had to have a new front sight sent to me.

Now my first range trip consisted of just 30 rounds and I quit before wasting any more ammo. This 442UC shot consistently WAY high at just 7yds.

On the attached pic of my target I missed the first 2 shots completely aiming at the center circle and was stumped as to where they went. I then went to the lower left circle and finally found where they were going. These first 5 shots were Georgia Arms 148gr. snubby wadcutter load. It was accurate but crazy high. I’ve never had a snubby do that that bad.

I was using a 6 o’clock hold btw.

Attachment 115790

I then switched to some Federal GMM wadcutter, Speer GD 135gr. JHP, Winchester 130gr. FMJ, and lastly AE 158gr. LRN. Results were all the same, crazy high. I buried the dot a few times and brought them down some but not enough to make me happy.

Attachment 115792

Needless to say it’s either going back to S&W or I’m bouncing it.

Still waiting on a .32 model and hopefully it’s not the same results.

I was going to get rid of a 642PC because these new snubbies were supposed to be so much better…not now. That 642 shoots way better with a variety of loads.

Do love the grips still and the sights, just shocked they were this far off.

I was willing to give up my Glock 42s to go back to snubs because of these UCs. Guess I’ll wait a little longer.

Edited to add…JEC said instead of different height sights from XS that the bases would be different between the .38 & .32 models. Maybe I got a .32 barrel shroud with the wrong base. Just guessing as I’ve never seen such a bad POA/POI shift like this with any pistol in 30+ years of shooting.

So, we can't make revolvers anymore can we? I've seen so many come out of the gate with bad accuracy that I'm pretty much giving up on anything made in the 21st century. Specifically, things fell off the cliff @2010 it seems.

Please tell me I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Singh; 03-06-2024 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    Jason,

Thank you very much for the options. That’s really standup customer service. But I sent it back to S&W yesterday evening. If you could contact them and make sure I’m taken care of properly that would be awesome. If it comes back still with an issue should I still contact you about replacing it?

Good looking out about offering to replace the ammo but it was only 30rds, I’m good. Thank you.

I’m still getting both .32s when they become available to my dealers.
    Please email me (cloessner@lipseys.com) your serial # and information and I will call our contact in Customer Service about it. If it comes back with an issue again, just get with me and it will be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by JEC View Post
    Please email me (cloessner@lipseys.com) your serial # and information and I will call our contact in Customer Service about it. If it comes back with an issue again, just get with me and it will be replaced.
    Email sent. Thank you again Jason. Top notch customer service from Lipseys.
    “When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
    For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today.”

Site Supporter
    I touched one. I almost put it on layaway. I don't have a .38 Special J frame so I do need one.
    Name:  20240306_115147.jpg
Views: 579
Size:  71.8 KB
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I don't have a .38 Special J frame
    Name:  IMG_3553.jpeg
Views: 547
Size:  47.9 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I have a 43C, does that get me any mercy?
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I have a 43C, does that get me any mercy?
    NONE...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    I have a 642 and am underwhelmed. I've never been able to shoot J-frames well (hand size and shape doesn't match up) and yes I've tried a wide variety of grips and stocks. I'd lay them out and take a picture to show ya'll but I don't have one of those 'not so smart' phones and dragging out the SLR ain't worth it. I'd like to try one of the 856 Taurui 6-shot snubs but the indoor range I occasionally go to doesn't have but a couple revolvers for sale and none to shoot. Crunchin' Tickers rule there.

Dave

I’ve had a 442 and a 640 for decades, and the biggest single thing I’ve ever done to make them shoot easier and better for me was Ergo Delta grips. Ugly as sin, but effective. I just wish I could get someone to duplicate them in G10.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

User Tag List