Page 83 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Quote Originally Posted by D-der View Post
    I look forward to your thoughts after some range time, seems there's a lot more feedback on the 32's. I'm in a holding pattern for a 642 / 442 UC, 3 LGS's had a total of 4 boxes of Critical Defense 32's, and a couple boxes of FMJ, I buy 148 gr WC on line but a least I can readily pick up 130 - 158 gr 38's locally.
    Sorry for the confusion. I found a 642UC on GunBroker last night, but it was snatched up right after I posted today. There’s no way I’m paying $875+ when I already have two J frames.

Regarding the why. Over the past several years I've carried some flavor of HK, most recently the P2000Sk. With holster, and 11rds of 147hr HST, it comes in at 33.65 oz. Not the heaviest option I have, but I've grown concerned about the cumulative effect over the years.

With the 432UC, I have a gun that weighs 19.5 oz holstered, with 100gr WCs and LG-405s. I've noticed that over the short time I have had it, my back pain is less, and my night's sleep is better. I can also fall asleep with it on, and not feel like I have a brick on my stomach. I've heard the trope about a gun should be comforting, not comfortable. That dead horse has been picked clean at this point.

I can hit very accurately out to 25 yards, and hit C zone or better at 50. The addition of laser grips greatly enhances both live and dryfire. I'm not selling off any bottom feeders, but Lipsey's and S&W absolutely nailed it.
    Participation does not equal Proficiency
    - Mike Pannone

Quote Originally Posted by Det1397 View Post
    My LGS, where I work P/T, got a 432-UC and a 632-UC in on Tuesday. I grabbed up the 432 for myself (to pair with the 642-UC I got weeks ago) and the 632-UC went on the shelf. Revolvers are not too big in this area, so I suspect it’s going to be sitting here for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Let me know if you guys are willing to ship that 632.
    Thanks @Det1397 for helping me out.

Quote Originally Posted by TC215 View Post
    Thanks @Det1397 for helping me out.

Will this be replacing your G43s?
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Will this be replacing your G43s?
    That’s very possible. Work is dumping our 43s for 43X’s, and I’m not really happy about it.

I have to say... I'm a bit envious of those of you who have got your hands on these. Really looking forward to getting my paws on one eventually.

On the Hardwired Tactical facebook page, DB announced a new AFR pocket holster designed to accommodate the UC’s rear sight.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I have to say... I'm a bit envious of those of you who have got your hands on these. Really looking forward to getting my paws on one eventually.
    Same here!

I'm gimped up from tendon reattachment to my left ankle currently, so no range time for me and my walker...getting old sucks!

But I have an LCR 327 and handloaded 500 rds of .32 H&R Mag WCs already this week in anticipation of eventually picking up one of the .32 UC's...maybe 2

Carrying Lost River's .32 mag in my LCR of course.

Congrats to all that have received one (or more) and thank you for your posts here.

Where is that envy emoji?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    On the Hardwired Tactical facebook page, DB announced a new AFR pocket holster designed to accommodate the UC’s rear sight.
    I'm not seeing that post.

I think it's on the AFR Official FB page. (American Fighting Revolver)

User Tag List