Page 8 of 96 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: New revolvers at SHOT/Lipsey's release

Site Supporter
    Looks a lot like a 340 M&P with a Dovetailed rear sight. Not that that's a bad thing, but a 6 shot version would have been more exciting to me.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    Looks a lot like a 340 M&P with a Dovetailed rear sight. Not that that's a bad thing, but a 6 shot version would have been more exciting to me.
    Be patient, grasshopper
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Snub noir Facebook group has been posting teasers as well. They just added that there are 4 models being released. I’m still hoping for something 6 shot.

Jason

Site Supporter
    Why do people get so excited about big dots on revolvers? I don't know of a single serious shoot running a big dot on a semi but everyone gets excited about them on revolvers. I know it is an upgrade over the tiny blade and cut out but we know better where are the FO sights or atleast HD style?

Quote Originally Posted by wmu12071 View Post
    Why do people get so excited about big dots on revolvers? I don't know of a single serious shoot running a big dot on a semi but everyone gets excited about them on revolvers. I know it is an upgrade over the tiny blade and cut out but we know better where are the FO sights or atleast HD style?
    Isn't it actually an AO small dot paired with a Bowen style rear?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes.

This is my single favorite J frame. D&L sights and trigger job, no lock, bobbed hammer. It was obscenely expensive and time consuming to assemble. I was always puzzled why S&W couldn't evolve the Pro into something lightweight, with sights regulated to the ammo we carry, and a decent trigger. Seems like they could sell a bunch of them.

Name:  IMG_6724.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  68.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6725.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  62.9 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have no real complaint about the rear. My issue is with the front. Am I the only one that doesn't like a round topped front? I don't know them well enough to know the difference between AO and big dots but I know I don't like the rounded top.

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    was how Bolke et. al. were going to help Smith and Wesson with quality control.
    With a background in LE not manufacturing... how? Even with a background in manufacturing it wouldn't matter. The source of the problem is already known: it's almost entirely in assembly. The parts are fine. It's putting them together into a working gun where S&W falls flat on its ass.

You can put a dozen consulting systems engineers in a room with management and talk about Kaizen or ISO 9000whatever and it just won't matter. Management could buy in 100%. But the next Monday at 9 AM the guys they have actually screwing revolver frames onto barrels are still gonna be told "yeah, I know you can do X of these per day correctly but we want 2X" and the problem will persist. Assembly will still be substandard because they aren't willing to absorb the cost of making it better. If they had the will to change that, they could have done it at any time. And they haven't.

I mean, I'm glad to see what looks like a 642/342 pro and whatever the other 3 are going to be. I think the no-lock K-frame probably won't happen but would also be happy to be wrong there. I'd love to hear S&W is coming out with a Code Name For Actually Building The Fucking Gun Right product line. But in the year 2024 I have 0 faith they are willing to execute on that. Maybe I'm just 98% salt-by-volume this morning. But right now no matter how good the presentation looks I would already factor in the headache of having to either return the gun to S&W for them to unfuck it at least once or the headache and cost of sending it off to one of the remaining gunsmiths worth a damn for them to finish what S&W started.

S&W could prove me wrong. Can't say I'd mind.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    ^^^^^ So much this.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List