Thread: Glock 48 MOS plate DPP vs CHPWS

Glock 48 MOS plate DPP vs CHPWS

I’m planning on putting a 407k on my 48 MOS.
    Is the CHPWS plate worth twice the price of the Amazon DPP titanium adapter plate?

I have at least 6 CHPWS plates for different optic cuts, but not for the 43X/48 MOS. They are functional but often a bit ugly with tools marks. Most of them have more wiggle room in the slide than I'd like. I think they are expensive relative to the fit and finish quality. I recommend you only get a CHPWS plate when there is no other reasonable alternative for the specific optic/slide combination you are seeking. They make a lot of different combinations, so sometimes nobody else makes what you need.

The DPP Titanium K footprint plate for 43X/48 MOS that I have was good quality. Sample size of only 1, but I would buy it again without reservation.

Sample size of one, but my DPP G48 MOS to Holosun K plate was well finished and tight to both the optic and the MOS cut. Mine is titanium.

I have one of each.

• CHPWS MOS plate to Trijicon RMR (bought near the beginning of 2023).
    • DPP MOS plate to Holosun EPS Carry (bought late 2023 at the suggestion of @GJM in response to my query on PF).

The CHPWS plate didn't feel particularly robust and wasn't all that tight of a fit in my G19/MOS slide.

The DPP plate seemed to be of higher quality, fit together nicely, and actually held the optic to the slide without screws when I turned the pistol upside down while I dummied everything together prior to assembling.

Of the two, I definitely prefer the DPP plate - especially considering the price diff.

-Rainman

User Tag List