Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: p2000 sight options 2024

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CCT125US View Post
    What sights are those?

I put Meprolights on my P2000, only because that is what my old duty gun had.

Ditto the Meprolights. I still carry a P2000 V3 almost exclusively. I've left my sights alone on the P2000's but have added Mepro's to a few USP's. I'd have to double check but I think the factory night sights are Trijicons.

I want to play, too:

Name:  IMG_6702.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  64.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6705.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  54.5 KB

I have never felt the HK triggers were impediments to EDC use, but believe you get less performance for your ability. I would be curious what the CBP qual stats show with the change to the Glock (although the caliber change no doubt was a significant factor).
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I bought and installed the standard factory Meprolight sights on my $500 .40 LEM P2000 that I got on sale at PSA. The sights came with a bunch of tee shirts & coffee mugs with the end of year $200 marketing extravaganza rebate from HK.

The standard HK night sights fit well and shoot point of aim for me. They are relatively low profile without any outstanding sharp edges. It is very comfortable for AIWB carry
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by UpDok View Post
    I bought and installed the standard factory Meprolight sights on my $500 .40 LEM P2000 that I got on sale at PSA. The sights came with a bunch of tee shirts & coffee mugs with the end of year $200 marketing extravaganza rebate from HK.

The standard HK night sights fit well and shoot point of aim for me. They are relatively low profile without any outstanding sharp edges. It is very comfortable for AIWB carry
    I like putting orange paint around the tritium on the front OEM sight.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I want to play, too:.....

have never felt the HK triggers were impediments to EDC use, but believe you get less performance for your ability. I would be curious what the CBP qual stats show with the change to the Glock (although the caliber change no doubt was a significant factor).
    Your magazine was not correctly configured for an authentic HK picture....just sayin...
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    What you did there. I see it.

Sights are one thing that has kept me from seriously working with a P2000. And money. Good gosh, they are expensive. I like the P2000 size. Kind of in between a P30 and P30sk. And I've always liked the ergos of the P2sk better than the P30sk.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Your magazine was not correctly configured for an authentic HK picture....just sayin...
    Why wasn't I clever enough to have flipped a cartridge for the photo!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I want to play, too:

Name:  IMG_6702.jpg
Views: 209
Size:  64.9 KB

Name:  IMG_6705.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  54.5 KB

I have never felt the HK triggers were impediments to EDC use, but believe you get less performance for your ability. I would be curious what the CBP qual stats show with the change to the Glock (although the caliber change no doubt was a significant factor).
    George, I know you know all of this but posting incase someone new to the HK LEM/HK pistol discussion here on PF wonders in.

I tend to shoot a striker fired trigger and 1911 trigger better than a lem if I took a break from all three but we are splitting hairs of high performance (for me, at my skill level, at this moment). I think the biggest question when going with HK LEM is if you are willing to work with the fact that it is more difficult to shoot at high level to gain their positives. The positives being reliability, accuracy, a hammer to block for appendix carry without the need to de-cock, and that beneficial long but light trigger pull.

Admittedly the advantages that LEM HKs had back in the early 2013-15 on PF (gosh has it been almost 10 years?) were that they were reliable and accurate while most other popular guns (gen 4 glock extraction/ no gadget and mp 9 accuracy issues) were kind of a crap shoot. Now there is a wide assortment of reliable and affordable guns, so it really comes to down to comfort.

The p2000 is comfortable to carry and disappears with irons, carrying like a much smaller gun while holding 14 rounds in a double stack compact duty configuration. The other comfort, the most important to me, is it minimizes my risk of a loud bang if I am negligent or have a fuck up. That aspect for me is more important than the differences I saw on drills between a LEM trigger and the other options I have tried.

User Tag List