Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: p2000 sight options 2024

Site Supporter
    The P2000 /2000SK are G19/G26 sized, and IME carry better than the USPC due to the shape.

Durability, reliability are the same. Those in CBP who had legacy USPC’s tended to hold on to them as the USPC usually has a smoother trigger pull. When you are mandated to use the heavier version of LEM every little bit helps.

In my experience, they are really really nice guns in 9 millimeter.

However, while the .40s hold up like tanks, overall shooting them is a miserable experience. Like shooting a Glock 23 with a worse trigger.

While enthusiasts like those found on PF can shoot the LEM to at least a certain level of competence, my experience, giving large numbers of non-gun people who only shoot because they’re paid to a light midsized gun with hotter than normal 40 and an LEM trigger is it is a recipe for inducing severe anticipation issues.

No amount of “people management” qualities make up for a gun that users anticipate with so badly with that they miss a full size silhouette at 15 or 25 yards.

I was able to shoot the damn things but they were a PITA with the 155 grain ammunition.

@GJM mentioned CBP. I recall watch two CBP instructors telling CBPO’s to aim for the scoring diagram in the upper right of the target to Kentucky windage rounds into the center of the actual target. Obviously this is more than an equipment issue but the equipment didn’t help. Especially when the ammo is 135 or 155 grain .40.
    Last edited by HCM; 01-19-2024 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The P2000 /2000SK are G19/G26 sized, and IME carry better than the USPC due to the shape.

Durability, reliability are the same. Those in CBP who had legacy USPC’s tended to hold on to them as the USPC usually has a smoother trigger pull. When you are mandated to use the heavier version of LEM every little bit helps.

In my experience, they are really really nice guns in 9 millimeter.

However, while the .40s hold up like tanks, overall shooting them is a miserable experience. Like shooting a Glock 23 with a worse trigger.

While enthusiasts like those found on PF can shoot the LEM to at least a certain level of competence, my experience, giving large numbers of non-gun people who only shoot because they’re paid to a light midsized gun with hotter than normal 40 and an LEM trigger is it is a recipe for inducing severe anticipation issues.

No amount of “people management” qualities make up for a gun that users anticipate with so badly with that they miss a full size silhouette at 15 or 25 yards.

I was able to shoot the damn things but they were a PITA with the 155 grain ammunition.

@GJM mentioned CBP. I recall watch two CBP instructors telling CBPO’s to aim for the scoring diagram in the upper right of the target to Kentucky windage rounds into the center of the actual target. Obviously this is more than an equipment issue but the equipment didn’t help. Especially when the ammo is 135 or 155 grain .40.
    I can't disagree with any of that, very well put. If you want to use LEM to a high level and avoid some of the shortfalls, you either need to be a high level shooter or dedicate yourself solely to that trigger because there aren't any others quite like it. With that said, I heard the LTT work that they do on the DA/SA hks is quite nice, so a more traditional trigger arrangement is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    What sights are those?
    Night Fision (P30) front sight. Rear is a 10-8 Performance, 1911 Low Mount, with .125w notch, milled .275 high, cut down for an HK dovetail, drilled and tapped for set screw.

The 10-8 contained what I needed, I just had to have it cut out.

Name:  20240120_064906.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  28.6 KB
    Taking a break from social media.

I like the trijicon hd sights personally.
    **OK**

Is there any holster compatibility between the P2000 and the 45c or P30? What about other 9mm HK magazines?

Final question, maybe, has anyone found a spring configuration that gets the P2000 close to Todd’s LEM set up?

This is embarrassing. I was looking through old posts for this information. Apparently I owned an LEM P2000 at one point. I swear that it was a TDA version but I think I must have confused it with the 45C I use to own. It sucks getting old and having gun induced ADD.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by DLWinner View Post
    I like the trijicon hd sights personally.
    Ditto

@GJM are the p2000 hds sharp like other models of hds?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    @GJM are the p2000 hds sharp like other models of hds?
    There is some variation between individual examples of HD sights, but what makes them work for me is the position of the dovetail and that the rear sight doesn't go to the rear of the slide. I like them
    In the USP FS for the same reason.

Name:  IMG_6714.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  46.5 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Same. Trijicon HDs. Yellow is a lot more visible for me than orange but that probably varies from person to person.

Name:  p2000trijicon.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  15.8 KB

Here is a quick shot of the Heckler & Koch part# 702071F Meprolight Tru Dot tritium night sights I installed on my P2000 LEM .40 pistol. They were free with the big $200 rebate "year-end extravaganza" that just ended on 12/31/2023. I assume the part# 702071F Meprolights are the same night sights that HK USA installs as original equipment on the P2000 option with night sights.

I like these sights more than the VP9-OR sights I had previously installed on the P2000.

I originally carried this P2000 in a JM custom Kydex AIWB designated for a P30. but then picked up a new AIWB holster from JM custom for the P2000. My P30 does not easily fit in the P2000 holster, but the P2000 drops in loosely to the P30 holster.

I really like this pistol! The P2000 is a "Goldilocks" size.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    “Safety is nice, but it’s not first. Life is first and it’s not safe.”— Jeff Cooper

User Tag List