Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Holosun’s New Enclosed K Optic

Quote Originally Posted by Oldherkpilot View Post
    Any chance that the new auto adjusting algorithm will result in a slightly brighter dot? All of my Holosuns are roughly one click too dim for me in auto. A compelling case for using the auto feature for defensive carry has been made by one of the resident experts (I think GJM, not certain) but I need a little more dot.
    I dunno. I’m in between dots, but might pick one of these up in green (all SCS seem to be green) as my next one.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    So this is essentially a 320-SCS made for the RMSc footprint? If so, thoughts on how it compares to the EPS Carry?
    My thought is this will be the 320-SCS with the minimum mods to make it fit the K. That's just a guess. It could contain some updated features and circuitry.

I have a 320 on my Platypus. One area I don't like the auto brightness is at my local indoor range. The lighting in the range is pretty harsh and directly overheard, and then at certain areas downrange. The 320's sensor(s) are reading the bright light over the shooting bay and not at the target. In this use the 320 is too bright especially if I'm trying for some precision.

With the EPS or other dots on this same range I can turn the dot down significantly so it doesn't overpower the target.

I haven't used the 320 extensively and can't yet comment on how it works in low light when the target might be illuminated by a weapon or handheld light.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Now, a MOS version, 6MOA, in red please…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Site Supporter
    I am very happy to see more options with auto-adjust, particularly with this footprint.

If I am carrying concealed, adjusting the intensity as I go from one lighting condition to another requires exposing the gun. An auto adjust that works reasonably well (Trijicon RM07 or RMR-HD) has the highest probability of getting the intensity right in the widest variety of conditions.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Now, a MOS version, 6MOA, in red please…
    This. I'll buy at least one of those.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Exiledviking View Post
    This. I'll buy at least one of those.
    The SCS was promised in red early on, but isn't listed on the site anymore.

It's probably something we'll see eventually but I figure there's a reason they've only put green to market so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    The SCS was promised in red early on, but isn't listed on the site anymore.

It's probably something we'll see eventually but I figure there's a reason they've only put green to market so far.

Something about emitter efficiency

Not sure I understand how the technology works, but here is another new product from them.

Name:  IMG_6710.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  28.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

An ACRO sized thermal sight? Yikes.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Of course this appears after I purchase 2 EPS Carry MRS green.

User Tag List