Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ruger Goes Full Retro A-Team!

It's not like you'll actually use the stock! This is for when you put on your best safari jacket, blaze off a mag, then grin with cigar in your mouth and say "I love it when a plan comes together!"
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Which indicates it'll still be a POS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    It's not like you'll actually use the stock! This is for when you put on your best safari jacket, blaze off a mag, then grin with cigar in your mouth and say "I love it when a plan comes together!"
    Yes that's right. This is a retro inspired rifle made for those who miss the one their dad had or they remember from reading Soldier of Fortune or whatever. I think Ruger would be the first to admit that this is being put back in production just for fun and not because they expect any military or department sales.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 308Rifle View Post
    Which means the A-Team might have actually been able to hit something with this version.
    Storm Troopers, slightly ahead of their time...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    This is for when you put on your best safari jacket, blaze off a mag, then grin with cigar in your mouth and say "I love it when a plan comes together!"
    Right after you have said "Do what we say, or we will blow up your trucks!"

Assuming that Mini is better now than in the past, while still not being at the level of an AR, I wonder if there's a "best" caliber for having a good experience with a Mini- 5.56, 300Blk, 7.62x39?

I keep wondering if the Mini would be good as a thing for newer shooters who also might not care for all the "tactical" of ARs and AKs.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I'll just keep my 580 series ranch rifle even tho it's barely 3 MOA. But that does have some serious retro going for it. Probably not WA compliant anyway with the shoulder thing that goes up.

In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Assuming that Mini is better now than in the past, while still not being at the level of an AR, I wonder if there's a "best" caliber for having a good experience with a Mini- 5.56, 300Blk, 7.62x39?

I keep wondering if the Mini would be good as a thing for newer shooters who also might not care for all the "tactical" of ARs and AKs.
    IDK the answer to that. I only have one 5.56.

One of the reasons I have a Mini. Not a yuge fan of the AR, although it's a more capable rifle in many respects. The new XM7 uses an op rod and piston much like the Mini and a long list of other military rifles of the past, even the AK-47. It isn't a bad system. DI is obsolete. The US military decided that, not me.
    Last edited by Borderland; 01-16-2024 at 09:27 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    That was the most POS folding stock ever devised. My division in my old agency once issued them. I hope Ruger's done some improvements.
    Excuse me, sir, but we do not do this because it is a good idea. We do it for glory. And the memes.

Name:  mini14.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  103.8 KB

Police trade in Mini-14 for $400. Samson stock for $300.

Shooting it is kind of like watching a profoundly handicapped dog happily chase a ball. "Aww...bless his heart!"
    3/15/2016

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 308Rifle View Post
    Technically.... not the A-Team rifle. Technically. Flash suppressor is all wrong, not a 30 round magazine, no stainless handguard, and the sights are improved. Which means the A-Team might have actually been able to hit something with this version.
    They could reliably hit any tire they wanted in any action-packed chase. Their sights just weren't regulated for hitting people.
    3/15/2016

I got one of these for work from Caliber Press in return for helping put together the first Street Survival seminar they had in Wichita:

Very fun to shoot, ours had the S/3/A receiver and we quickly replaced the folding stock with a regular one. We also had a friend at Ruger who furnished us with bunches of 30 round mags. After a couple years of range use, we made a Hollywood blank adapter for it and used it as a blank gun.

If I was LAV, I would have taken this thing, an MP5, and an old Model 15 when I retired. Good times.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by DDTSGM View Post
    I got one of these for work from Caliber Press in return for helping put together the first Street Survival seminar they had in Wichita:

Very fun to shoot, ours had the S/3/A receiver and we quickly replaced the folding stock with a regular one. We also had a friend at Ruger who furnished us with bunches of 30 round mags. After a couple years of range use, we made a Hollywood blank adapter for it and used it as a blank gun.

If I was LAV, I would have taken this thing, an MP5, and an old Model 15 when I retired. Good times.
    That's what we had, only in semi-auto form. It was cool looking and handy. But, the stock parts would loosen up and there was no way to tighten them. It was like trying to shoulder a slinky.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List