Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield Echelon Department Adaption

Springfield Echelon Department Adaption

It doesn't say how many guns or what these will replace. Was the department using XDs previously?

Springfield Armory is proud to announce that the Geneseo Police Department in Illinois has recently adopted the Echelon 9mm pistol.

The Echelon was designed to set a new standard for modern, striker-fired duty pistols. With a host of revolutionary patent-pending features, this modular and highly adaptable handgun is engineered with superior ergonomics and built to withstand the harshest conditions.

Driving the modularity of the design is the Echelon’s patent-pending Central Operating Group. Employing cutting-edge manufacturing techniques, it’s an entirely self-contained and serialized stainless steel chassis. The result is a system that is easily moved between available grip modules in seconds.

To support this adaptability, the Echelon features interchangeable grip modules for a firearm that fits a wide range of officers’ hand sizes. The pistol comes standard with the medium grip and three interchangeable backstraps, while small and large grip modules can be purchased separately. The three backstraps are designed to fit all three grip sizes.

Further adding to the fully ambidextrous Echelon’s adaptability is its truly innovative Variable Interface System. This system employs patent-pending self-locking pins that exert lateral pressure on the optic’s interior mounting surface for consistent and reliable point of aim/point of impact. The pins can be positioned to fit the footprints of more than 30 popular optics, allowing for an unparalleled direct-mount fit.

In addition to adopting the pistols for their officers, the Geneseo Police Department also acquired Safariland Level III Retention Holsters and Surefire X300 weaponlights through Springfield Armory. The Geneseo Police Department also worked with Springfield to top off their pistols with Trijicon RMR HD red dot optics. Springfield Armory provided the department with transition training as well as armorer course training.

“Springfield Armory strongly supports the Geneseo Police Department and is proud to work with them on providing firearms for its officers,” said Fred Mincks, Springfield Armory’s Law Enforcement Sales Manager. “The Echelon’s highly adaptable and modular design — along with its rugged durability and impressive performance — make it a great choice for the department.”

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    It doesn't say how many guns or what these will replace. Was the department using XDs previously?

Springfield Armory is proud to announce that the Geneseo Police Department in Illinois has recently adopted the Echelon 9mm pistol.

The Echelon was designed to set a new standard for modern, striker-fired duty pistols. With a host of revolutionary patent-pending features, this modular and highly adaptable handgun is engineered with superior ergonomics and built to withstand the harshest conditions.

Driving the modularity of the design is the Echelon’s patent-pending Central Operating Group. Employing cutting-edge manufacturing techniques, it’s an entirely self-contained and serialized stainless steel chassis. The result is a system that is easily moved between available grip modules in seconds.

To support this adaptability, the Echelon features interchangeable grip modules for a firearm that fits a wide range of officers’ hand sizes. The pistol comes standard with the medium grip and three interchangeable backstraps, while small and large grip modules can be purchased separately. The three backstraps are designed to fit all three grip sizes.

Further adding to the fully ambidextrous Echelon’s adaptability is its truly innovative Variable Interface System. This system employs patent-pending self-locking pins that exert lateral pressure on the optic’s interior mounting surface for consistent and reliable point of aim/point of impact. The pins can be positioned to fit the footprints of more than 30 popular optics, allowing for an unparalleled direct-mount fit.

In addition to adopting the pistols for their officers, the Geneseo Police Department also acquired Safariland Level III Retention Holsters and Surefire X300 weaponlights through Springfield Armory. The Geneseo Police Department also worked with Springfield to top off their pistols with Trijicon RMR HD red dot optics. Springfield Armory provided the department with transition training as well as armorer course training.

“Springfield Armory strongly supports the Geneseo Police Department and is proud to work with them on providing firearms for its officers,” said Fred Mincks, Springfield Armory’s Law Enforcement Sales Manager. “The Echelon’s highly adaptable and modular design — along with its rugged durability and impressive performance — make it a great choice for the department.”

Good for them, now if they would just do a 4 inch version, that would be perfect. It still baffles me why they didn't come out with a 4 at the same time. If your running optics, the added sight radius is pointless, and they have marketed the Echelon as a multi optic duty pistol.

Most LE here have moved or are moving toward 4 inch barreled duty pistols, G45, P320, 509, etc. I think that is holding them back with a lot of agencies. I know of at least three here locally, that have talked about looking at the Echelon, but all three want a 4 inch version of their next duty pistol.

One agency here, starting issuing the Gen5 G17. With in 3 months, before they issued out all of their new 17's, decided to start issuing optics as well, and mid stream moved to the G45 with the RMR, even trading out the new 17's that just issued.

TXPO
    ColdBoreCustom.com
    Certified Glock Armorer
    Certified P320 Armorer
    Certified M&P LE Armorer

Vending Machine Operator
    Provided the pistols run, that's a pretty sweet setup for the officers factoring in the X300s and RMRs.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspoff View Post
    Good for them, now if they would just do a 4 inch version, that would be perfect. It still baffles me why they didn't come out with a 4 at the same time. If your running optics, the added sight radius is pointless, and they have marketed the Echelon as a multi optic duty pistol.

Most LE here have moved or are moving toward 4 inch barreled duty pistols, G45, P320, 509, etc. I think that is holding them back with a lot of agencies. I know of at least three here locally, that have talked about looking at the Echelon, but all three want a 4 inch version of their next duty pistol.

One agency here, starting issuing the Gen5 G17. With in 3 months, before they issued out all of their new 17's, decided to start issuing optics as well, and mid stream moved to the G45 with the RMR, even trading out the new 17's that just issued.

TXPO
    No idea why SA didn't roll out 19 and 45 sized guns or conversion kits at time of launch. An FDE or OD grip module should have also been part of the initial roll out. Modular guns without modular support are not modular.

Site Supporter
    Henry County Sheriff's Office (IL) is also issuing Echelons with Surefire X300 lights in Safariland Level III holsters. No mention of optics in the presser.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    Henry County Sheriff's Office (IL) is also issuing Echelons with Surefire X300 lights in Safariland Level III holsters. No mention of optics in the presser.
    Link to this press annoucement:

https://www.springfield-armory.com/i...on-9mm-pistol/

Site Supporter
    The Echelon seems to be a significant improvement over SA’s prior XD dumpster fires.

However it’s not a coincidence Springfield Armory is located in the city of Geneseo, in Henry County IL ….so I would hold off on declaring it the “Glock Killer.”

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jnc36rcpd View Post
    A press release boasting about the county where Springfield Armory is located adopting a Springfield armory pistol is kind of boasting about like kissing your sister.

However, there was one thing in the press release that struck me as significant if Springfield wants to get serious about LE sales:

Springfield Armory also provided transition training as well as armorer course training.
    Lack of armorer training and reluctance to provide spare parts was a significant negative for the XD series.

Is this a big deal? Looks like they have maybe 14 officers and a town population of 6K?

I carry AIWB, so until they come out with a 4 inch model that also has a manual thumb safety or is SCD compatible, I’ll have to pass on it.

User Tag List