Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Ruger 22/45

That 22/45 sure is not compatible with the Aguila ammo. I am curious as to why and am wondering if the runout of the rounds is on the high side. Match ammo usually has runout about 0.002" to 0.004". CCI SV is closer to 0.0045". Bulk ammo can be more than 0.005". If the runout is high and the chamber is a bit tight, the round does not feed. If it does feed, the case mouth may not release the round cleanly. A little bit of lead stripped from the bullet and on the case mouth can be enough to change extraction.

This is usually seen during a plunk test, but the pistol passed it with the Aguila. Not sure. Best to try other ammo. CCI is always good, and this pistol seems to like it. I also have had good luck with Federal bulk ammo and my Rugers.

Ok, front sight options.

I no longer can use a black serrated front because: reasons.

I tried a couple attempts at painting (orange paint pen, Testor's white enamel) but neither product worked well. They both pooled heavily in the sight crevices, and I was not happy with the job, despite using my extremely fine detail brush. As I was cleaning the paint off the sight, I noticed that the hex screw simply unscrews, leaving the sight in my hand. Well. I don't know why it never occurred to me to simply take the sight off and find an aftermarket option, but here I am.

I've tried FOs and they don't work for me for what I want. I usually opt for Ameriglo's with an orange ring (the glow vial embedded is cool but not really necessary). But Ameriglo doesn't make sights for Ruger 22/45s. Dawson has FO, and standard black options, but no "ring" night sights. Same for Volquartsen or Tandemkross; they don't really have an option that works for me.

Ideally I'd like something like the orange one on the left in the picture below (this is the Ameriglo I my on both my P365 slides):

Name:  IMG_2195.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  45.9 KB

Anyone have a line on a Ruger Mk IV front sight like this? I'll keep looking obviously, if I find what I'm looking for I'll post back.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Ok, front sight options.

I no longer can use a black serrated front because: reasons.

I tried a couple attempts at painting (orange paint pen, Testor's white enamel) but neither product worked well. They both pooled heavily in the sight crevices, and I was not happy with the job, despite using my extremely fine detail brush. As I was cleaning the paint off the sight, I noticed that the hex screw simply unscrews, leaving the sight in my hand. Well. I don't know why it never occurred to me to simply take the sight off and find an aftermarket option, but here I am.

I've tried FOs and they don't work for me for what I want. I usually opt for Ameriglo's with an orange ring (the glow vial embedded is cool but not really necessary). But Ameriglo doesn't make sights for Ruger 22/45s. Dawson has FO, and standard black options, but no "ring" night sights. Same for Volquartsen or Tandemkross; they don't really have an option that works for me.

Ideally I'd like something like the orange one on the left in the picture below (this is the Ameriglo I my on both my P365 slides):

Name:  IMG_2195.jpg
Views: 159
Size:  45.9 KB

Anyone have a line on a Ruger Mk IV front sight like this? I'll keep looking obviously, if I find what I'm looking for I'll post back.
    I don't know of anything like what you're looking for but you might ask in the MKIV section of Rimfire Central or contacting the guy that runs the Industry Outsider blog, he does lots of rimfire stuff.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

https://www.amazon.com/HIVIZ-HRBLW01...%2C2892&sr=8-2

I put one of these on my Mark II. I like it a lot.

Closest I can find and would still require the white ring to be painted. https://shopruger.com/Mark-Series-Ad...uctinfo/12970/

https://kensight.com/ruger-mkii-or-m...t-night-sight/

Site Supporter
    Doing a little one-handed work with my new-to-me MKII Competition Target this afternoon. We’re still getting used to each other, but I really like this pistol.

All CCI SV, 15 yards.

First ten rounds, with checkered factory laminated thumb rest grip: Name:  IMG_2348.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  48.4 KB

Fifty rounds, with aftermarket bullseye-type match grip: Name:  IMG_2349.jpg
Size:  32.7 KB

Same target, pictured with the gun wearing the match grip: Name:  IMG_2350.jpg
Size:  42.0 KB

User Tag List