Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Ruger 22/45

Quote Originally Posted by farscott View Post
    I saw it about three months ago but only because I needed a new bolt. https://volquartsen.com/departments/...gurations/6065
    For $125 which includes the bolt tune up kit, and the RSA to also allow me to mess with recoil springs…hmmm

I saw it about three months ago but only because I needed a new bolt. https://volquartsen.com/departments/...gurations/6065
    My mkIII 22/45 is frustratingly picky with ammo. I'm tempted to pick this up just for the hell of it.

CCI mini mag, SV, and Aguila work OK.

CCI AR Tac is meh. The massive glob of wax on the tip of the bullet accumulates in the magazine, causing massive drag issues. I can push the follower down all the way and see it creep up inch by inch in real time.

Federal blue box won't extract at all, while Norma tac 22 won't even feed

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    For $125 which includes the bolt tune up kit, and the RSA to also allow me to mess with recoil springs…hmmm
    Keep an eye on the Volquartsen eBay store. I got mine for $60 as it was a "second". I cannot find the cosmetic flaw.

Here it is for $55. https://www.ebay.com/itm/226035558400

Quote Originally Posted by shootist26 View Post
    My mkIII 22/45 is frustratingly picky with ammo. I'm tempted to pick this up just for the hell of it.

CCI mini mag, SV, and Aguila work OK.

CCI AR Tac is meh. The massive glob of wax on the tip of the bullet accumulates in the magazine, causing massive drag issues. I can push the follower down all the way and see it creep up inch by inch in real time.

Federal blue box won't extract at all, while Norma tac 22 won't even feed
    May I ask if the pistol still has the loaded chamber indicator? If so, replacing it with the blank may help with the bolt cycling. The VQ extractor is pretty good, but Ruger had a run during MK III production when bolt machining was less than acceptable. This caused a lot of issues.

May I ask if the pistol still has the loaded chamber indicator? If so, replacing it with the blank may help with the bolt cycling. The VQ extractor is pretty good, but Ruger had a run during MK III production when bolt machining was less than acceptable. This caused a lot of issues.
    I have both the LCI delete thingy and the VQ edge extractor installed. It's been a while but I'm pretty sure I remember the stock extractor being worse
    Last edited by shootist26; 03-15-2024 at 04:25 PM.

Keep an eye on the Volquartsen eBay store. I got mine for $60 as it was a "second". I cannot find the cosmetic flaw.

Here it is for $55. https://www.ebay.com/itm/226035558400
    That’s a great option, thanks for posting. I almost bought one (still might) but I’m hopeful smoothing the mags and removing excess lube will allow my 22/45 to run the Aguila more reliably. If not, I’ll have to decide whether to ride it out, but I have 800 rounds left at this point so I’m not exited about keeping it.

Lesson learned tho, anything else I try is going to be only 50 rounds at a time, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    That’s a great option, thanks for posting. I almost bought one (still might) but I’m hopeful smoothing the mags and removing excess lube will allow my 22/45 to run the Aguila more reliably. If not, I’ll have to decide whether to ride it out, but I have 800 rounds left at this point so I’m not exited about keeping it.

Lesson learned tho, anything else I try is going to be only 50 rounds at a time, for sure.
    Just another reason own a rimfire wheelgun & bolt gun too. They eat everything my semiautomatic guns don’t like.

We enable here.

Site Supporter
    Guess I got lucky, my 22/45 MkIV has not shown any ammo sensitivity whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Just another reason own a rimfire wheelgun & bolt gun too. They eat everything my semiautomatic guns don’t like.

We enable here.
    Name:  IMG_0363.gif
Views: 136
Size:  37.3 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post

We enable here.
    The T1X is a fantastic .22lr bolt gun.

User Tag List