Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magpul AMAG

Magpul AMAG

https://magpul.com/amag-17-sg9-sig-p320-m17.html

Magpul introduces a metal magazine for P320 or M17.

Here's a funny part: their Twitter says "where there simply isn't room for polymer". Meanwhile, I have 2 ETS P320 magazines. Now, certainly, ETS mags for P320 have issues, but they mostly have to do with ETS skimping on design and manufacturing, not with the polymer as such. Simply using a better sculpture of the follower would make them perfectly acceptable for me (mind, I'm not a cop).

It's disappointing that Magpul didn't use their expertise to improve ETS magazines instead of this. Also, their marketing is dumb. And their price is too high. I bought those ETS magazines for $18 apiece. But who am I kidding, of course I'll buy those AMAGs when I see them. I need them for testing.

Maybe they have their eye on future military contracts.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post

Here's a funny part: their Twitter says "where there simply isn't room for polymer". Meanwhile, I have 2 ETS P320 magazines. Now, certainly, ETS mags for P320 have issues, but they mostly have to do with ETS skimping on design and manufacturing, not with the polymer as such. Simply using a better sculpture of the follower would make them perfectly acceptable for me (mind, I'm not a cop).

It's disappointing that Magpul didn't use their expertise to improve ETS magazines instead of this. Also, their marketing is dumb. And their price is too high. I bought those ETS magazines for $18 apiece. But who am I kidding, of course I'll buy those AMAGs when I see them. I need them for testing.
    I have to imagine that Magpie made a run at producing a polymer mag and just could not make one perform to their standards. Other thing, I don't think they are competing against ETS on price; they are competing against OEM mag pricing.

I'll be interested to see how all this shakes out down the road; especially with the new T-Mag. I will not be early adopting these, however. BTDT - Nope!
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Next they should make some P365/XL/Macro mags that don't rust.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Maybe they have their eye on future military contracts.
    I don't think that is likely, and least with the U.S. Army. The biggest reason why SIG won (aside from over Glock, who wasn't even modular) was their ability to supply the whole package: guns, spares, magazines, and even ammunition. The Army didn't buy a gun, they bought a weapons system, and they clearly want one vendor be responsible for the whole instance. Unless Mecgar can worm into SIG's good graces and become their subcontractor (an American Mec-Gar so to speak), it's not going to happen, I think.

It may be possible with other armies of the world though.

Quote Originally Posted by vandal View Post
    Next they should make some P365/XL/Macro mags that don't rust.
    Mine are so dirty with soot that they don't rust

I don’t hate the idea, but they need to point out what these do better than OEM mags. Especially after burning memwith their Glock mags.

Site Supporter
    But do their Glock mags work yet?

Nice. Just in time for the Oracle 2311.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post

ETS mags suck.

Magpul moving into metal mags also opens up other possibilities. Mags for other platforms, a metal lined Glock Pmag….

User Tag List