Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Magpul AMAG

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    I suffer from the damn bias in Ruger and it's a problem, so I was going to slim the adapter magwells back down, and ban users from using ETS. I guess it's a good thing that I procrastinated, because AMAGs would not fit otherwise.
    I went and added little strips that can be shaved level in post-processing, using an AMAG as a template. Like I have nothing else to do.

We've not been to the range yet, but AMAG looks quite nice. The problem is, I cannot change designs for the benefit of Magpul at the expense of standard P320 mags.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Lanbo's finally got these in for $26.04 apiece and eligible for their flat-rate shipping: https://lanbosarmory.com/index.php?m...ducts_id=78176

"facebook" (w/o the quotation marks) should still be valid for $5 off $100 on *new accounts only*.

Got some AMAGs. All feel full at 16th round, 17th round seats hard. Full mags still seat under closed side but need much firmer press. I'll try in additional guns to see if it varies any by receiver. I've loaded and left them sit, will shoot and work them and see if it improves. If consistent, these will only be 16rd mags for many people.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Got some AMAGs. All feel full at 16th round, 17th round seats hard. Full mags still seat under closed side but need much firmer press. I'll try in additional guns to see if it varies any by receiver. I've loaded and left them sit, will shoot and work them and see if it improves. If consistent, these will only be 16rd mags for many people.
    I typically only load 15 or 20 for practice anyway.

I picked up a couple from Scheels. Don't have a ton of rounds through them yet but so far, so good.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Actually I'd like to see Magpul make some Staccato 2011 base plates. I imagine those would sell okay.
    Let’s go back to this. I’d love a 2011 baseplate that doesn’t dent every time I dump it on concrete. (We train a lot on an all concrete range).

Quote Originally Posted by msstate56 View Post
    LetÂ’s go back to this. IÂ’d love a 2011 baseplate that doesnÂ’t dent every time I dump it on concrete. (We train a lot on an all concrete range).

It might be fairly small in the Big Picture but I'd say there's a market here. Base plates made of Magpul plastic that can take some abuse that are priced at something like $18 for a pack of three would probably do okay. Magpul could do an L Plate version with a rubber bumper too.

Plastic 2011 mags themselves might be interesting too. Being that the 2011 mag is bigger than it needs to be for 9 mm I'd guess Magpul could use some thick material and size it internally for a cartridge that's 1.169" OAL. These at $25 would also be a good seller I'd guess. There may be issues with the steel mag latch chipping away the plastic over time. Would anyone care at this price?

I now have at least a couple hundred rounds on each of my mags. Reliable with no functional issues and they're surviving drops on concrete and some normal abuse. I thought a few might be softening up a bit for that 17th round but they're about the same. Handed off to people with less hand strength and dexterity, almost none of them get the 17th round. Using loaders of various types can work but with additional effort. If the 17th round is in they still seat hard under closed (MHS) slides. Reliable mags, but these are 16 rounders.

Currently finding them in the $24-28 range with competitor price matches, which is a nice option for these guns.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Site Supporter
    Have a few hundred rounds through my example- no issues.

The AMAG baseplate will work in the factory magwell for the AXG (aluminum) grip, but not in the standard factory magwell for the X style grip.

Plan on getting a few more.

Site Supporter
    I have 6 of them. So far they work great. As others have said the 17th round is a bitch to load.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List